87sheerips

Put a flat bed on a new ford today 6.7

2cac46e5f17fd608ec2e8a20b89080e2.jpg

Here's my deisel.. Lol

84 short box 6.2 4 speed 4x4

Needs a throw out bearing. But runs decent.. A dog.. But decent. Lol

4f715af3d37e09066ec06b6aa002ec82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Ford would fit right in around my place if it had more shiny parts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes... Deleted and running EFILive... I switched to a cps5 when they came out, but lost 11mpg... I have since switched back to my old tunes and am much much happier

Nothing like a megacab dually getting 27+ mpg

How many miles were on it when you did the tune and delete?

It had a smarty and was deleted when I got it, so I can't really give an accurate estimate on that, but I switched from the smarty to EFILive around 297k

From my research the newer trucks with emissions compliant motors that put on a lot of long distance driving seem to last a whole lot longer and have fewer emissions related engine issues then the ones that are driven short distance and idled a lot.

Regardless of what anyone says, that fuel filter should be changed when you change oil.

That black stuff is what happens to fuel in these modern high pressure common rail systems. The high heat and extreme pressure basically burns some of the fuel just in the rail.

BG DFC+ fuel additive will solve that problem in the first tank. It's the ONLY stuff I recommend or use.

I normally change fuel filter every other oil change. You say every oil change?

From my research the newer trucks with emissions compliant motors that put on a lot of long distance driving seem to last a whole lot longer and have fewer emissions related engine issues then the ones that are driven short distance and idled a lot.

Ya this is another reason why I am hoping to have good luck with this truck. I drive about 500 miles/week... Lots of country roads and highway.

Need to get some shit going in the next couple years to get these MPG's up tho!

Local diesel shop tells me not to run any additive for the summer months... Just some anti-gel stuff in the winter

Ya this is another reason why I am hoping to have good luck with this truck. I drive about 500 miles/week... Lots of country roads and highway.

Need to get some shit going in the next couple years to get these MPG's up tho!

Local diesel shop tells me not to run any additive for the summer months... Just some anti-gel stuff in the winter

Local shop needs an education. Run additive. Every tank. Year round.

If you do the math, additive will save you money. Simple as that.

Yes, all trucks will run on the diesel you get out of the pump. But diesel fuel out of the pump is technically not ready to use anymore. There's so much water, and so little lubrication in it it's ridiculous. Some systems tolerate it better than others but water is very hard on pumps, valves, plungers, tips, you name it.

Diesel shops are so busy because of our fuel.

PS. That Dodge looks way better now than it did in that car lot. Lol.

• Like 1

Local shop needs an education. Run additive. Every tank. Year round.

If you do the math, additive will save you money. Simple as that.

Yes, all trucks will run on the diesel you get out of the pump. But diesel fuel out of the pump is technically not ready to use anymore. There's so much water, and so little lubrication in it it's ridiculous. Some systems tolerate it better than others but water is very hard on pumps, valves, plungers, tips, you name it.

Diesel shops are so busy because of our fuel.

PS. That Dodge looks way better now than it did in that car lot. Lol.

What additive do you recommend bud?

The reasoning behind not needing additives I feel was geared toward "not messing with the emissions crap"

Like my old dmax, running ATF or whatever I know is not acceptable for this truck...

I just wanna make sure I run the right stuff

I normally change fuel filter every other oil change. You say every oil change?

How often do you change oil? I change it every time on mine just so I know it's always fresh. I know guys that run them 30k or more.

I'm also just anal. Keep in mind I repair equipment with fuel related injuries at least 2 or 3 times a week. Lol.

Every other oil change is probably fine as long as you stay consistent.

I think the most important factor is where you get your fuel.  I pretty much buy all my fuel at a truck stop that turns a lot of volume.  I used to change fuel with each oil change but my filters were always great looking.  Started doing fuel with every other oil change and honestly could probably go every 3rd or 4th.  However that being said i also got a shitty load of fuel on vacation 1 time and burned through 2 filters in 800 mile trip.  I always keep a spare in the truck just in case.

• Like 1

How often do you change oil? I change it every time on mine just so I know it's always fresh. I know guys that run them 30k or more.

I'm also just anal. Keep in mind I repair equipment with fuel related injuries at least 2 or 3 times a week. Lol.

Every other oil change is probably fine as long as you stay consistent.

What additive do you recommend bud?

The reasoning behind not needing additives I feel was geared toward "not messing with the emissions crap"

Like my old dmax, running ATF or whatever I know is not acceptable for this truck...

I just wanna make sure I run the right stuff

Bear with me for a minute 'cause I kinda have to nerd out for a second to explain it properly.

I recommend BG DFC+ HP (just stands for diesel fuel conditioner + high pressure)     After being to several classes and witnessing several lab tests, along with real life experience, it's the only stuff I run or suggest. The additives you see at parts stores or fuel stations aren't bad for your engine, BUT, 99% of them are basically diesel fuel mixed with alcohol. Which does zero for lubrication, it dries out seals, and it's not subject to any standards whatsoever.

"Perfect" diesel fuel has an API rating of 36. All this means is that when you buy something with a diesel engine and its advertised at XXX horsepower - it'll only put out that horsepower with API 36 fuel that's kept at 60 degrees. Most #2 diesel is pretty close (90-95% perfect) and usually has an API of 33-35. #1 diesel is used in winter blends because it's lighter and can tolerate colder temps, however it really starts to drop away from perfect. Straight #1 is somewhere around 70% perfect and has an API down in the upper 20's or lower 30's. A typical winter blend is 50/50 so if you start with 95% pure #2 and splash mix it with 70% pure #1 - you end up with a fuel that is only 80% pure, but has pretty decent cold weather capability. However! None of that matters a whole lot anymore because there's so much FUCKING WATER in the shit when it goes in your tank. And I don't just mean the water you can see in the bottom of a fuel/water separator. When you can see water under your fuel, it means theres at least that much entrained and suspended up in the fuel that can't drop out due to the gravity of the water already in the bottom. We don't get temps as cold as you do in MI but it'll get well below zero sometimes, We usually see at least a few night of -15ish. I've been working on diesel junk for 15 years and I've really only seen one machine "gelled" up. All the cold weather problems I run across is frozen water in a line or filter, not gelled fuel. Water is used to strip the sulfur out of our fuel at the refinery to achieve "ultra low sulfur diesel", water is used to separate fuels and oils in the pipeline during transport, who knows how much condensation a tanker truck has in it when he loads at the pipeline terminal, and who knows how how moisture that 10 degree fuel pulls out of the ground when it's dumped into an underground tank and is warmed back up to 65 degrees...................get my point?

So why did I explain all that? BG is the only additive that raises the API without needing blended fuel, it's the only additive that adds lubrication that you can actually measure, it's the only additive that actually removes water and lowers #2's gelling point to -40, It's good shit.