What carbs will be best for my banshee?

Cnelson47

I have a 03 banshee. V force 4 reeds, cool heads with 21 mm domes (93 octane), ported jugs, and toomey T5 headers.I am currently running stockers with that horrible TORS system. I am looking to remove it and change carbs. Any suggestions on with carbs to go with? I will be doing some drag racing next summer but I mainly ride in open land with some trails here and there. TIA!!!

I had a simular set up as yours, except for +4 timing advance & no porting & I installed 28mm carbs, it was a fantastic upgrade for me. But, your stock carbs are good up to 80hp, you are well below that. I would wait & just get the cheap tors removal kit, until you plan on going bigger motor set up.

• Like 1

Why are we yelling! Haha

Might as well invest in a nice tors delete kit though. Don't buy the cheapest. Some out there have nice caps & adjusters, premium throttle cable, drill bit that won't break in the first carb, quality idle screws, & detailed instructions. Some are just kits with a junk bit, 2 idle screws, and pot metal caps.

Just give the stockers a good once over while you're doing it all. Set the floats, change any wear items, fresh choke tube, etc.

• Like 1

Dunatic619, do you think bumping up to 28s is really worth it? Or do you think the tors eliminator kit is the best way to go with the 26mm carbs?

Don't think it's worth it. Stocks can handle a pretty wide range of HP. I'd say they probably good to the 70ish range of HP. I'd definitely change if you plan on getting a 4ml later. I've got 28s on my 4ml and love em.

I upgraded the carbs to 28PWK's on my last banshee and it was stock with basic mods (pipes, air filter, ect.).  It very well may have been a waste of money but it did improve my throttle response.

From all of the replies, I would say the upgrade depends on if you feel like spending some cash or not.

I thought about doing it again to my new one.  I guess I'll wait till I have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket.

I had my stock carbs bored by RB Designs. http://www.rb-designs.com/rb_designs_llc_014.htm
I could definitely feel the increase in mid-range and top-end.
He bores the width to 26.5mm and then bores the height from the floor of the throat up 2mm to 28mm.
The outlet to the intake boot is opened up to 30mm.
The divider plate is installed and really improves the bottom-end throttle response.

He recommended that I fatten up jetting, so I increased the pilots to 30's, raised the needle by putting the clip in the 4th groove and increased the main to 310's.

Way too fat down low and throttle response sucked.
I had to turn the air screws out 2.5 times to make it snappy, and it still suffered some.
I put the needle back down into the middle groove and bamn, it was damn near perfect.

The plan now is to reinstall the 27.5's with the needle clip in the middle groove and run the 310's and do a plug chop.

I'm going to do a squish test http://www.rb-designs.com/rb_designs_llc_017.htm and send Ron my stock head http://www.rb-designs.com/rb_designs_llc_024.htm to squeeze a little more power out of this stock motor.