new build, new everything, wont run

Lowroll

That's what I don't get. My ignition was all stock before the engine build. It is still all stock. I bought the dyna coil but chose to start it on the oem coil since I new it was good and worked fine. But the factory coil is failing me now and the dyna starts it first kick. So I have to assume the coil is good. I need to get home and start checking resistances

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Its possible the wire harness is grounding out on the frame somewhere, or you have a bad connection somewhere in the harness. I would also look at getting another CDI to try. I had spark when I had an electrical issue last time, and it ran...... but idled horribly and would stall out when given throttle. Bad CDI and my coil used at the time went bad. I had another coil already but the new CDI was the fix. I'm not sure why it went bad or why the coil went bad....... I think my harness was shorting out on the frame and wreaked havoc on the electrical. I recently pulled the harness off and found a spot where it looked like it may have been arcing to the frame. I'm still looking into it as I'm in the process of putting a 421 in.

Also, showing 130 psi per cylinder on fresh bore and rings so compression is good, didn't hold pressure on leak down but it did pass the less than 1 psi per minute test. I sprayed the whole engine down case halves and all and couldn't find it. I think it might have been my tester itself leaking.

Whoa, WTF?

Let me get this straight, your motor can't hold 6psi for 6 minutes and you're trying to tell us you swear you've read that 1psi/minute is acceptable.

I have no idea if that's true.

All I know is a leakdown test must hold 6psi for 6 min.

If it doesn't I'm tracking that leak down and fixing it.

You just dumped $$$$ into your toilet if you don't find and fix your motor's leak.

All I know is I go on a couple riding trips a year that are 6hr drives away and my junk better run perfect.

Whoa, WTF?

Let me get this straight, your motor can't hold 6psi for 6 minutes and you're trying to tell us you swear you've read that 1psi/minute is acceptable.

I have no idea if that's true.

All I know is a leakdown test must hold 6psi/min.

If it doesn't I'm tracking that leak down and fixing it.

You just dumped $$$$ into your toilet if you don't find and fix your motor's leak.

All I know is I go on a couple riding trips a year that 6hr drives away and my junk better run perfect.

a05a6d0fbb05ab6340350bb56e47fcb0.jpg

That's just what I found, on here. I really think my tester is the issue. The gauge does eventually fall to 0 but when I depress the Schrader valve I get a fair amount of air out of it.

As far as my bike running, it was a broken ground wire on the cdi. Once found and fixed it fired up on the first kick.

That's just what I found, on here. I really think my tester is the issue. The gauge does eventually fall to 0 but when I depress the Schrader valve I get a fair amount of air out of it.

As far as my bike running, it was a broken ground wire on the cdi. Once found and fixed it fired up on the first kick.

You will love that hardcore mx port it's very ballsy however watch your ring wear the exhaust port is WIDE!

So you just spent ~ 600 bucks with Kevin and you're going to assume your gauge is faulty? Please when you burn a hole through your piston after a few short hours don't get back on here saying I just don't know what went wrong I did everything right please help... Cause when that happens you asked for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk