new build, new everything, wont run

Lowroll

So tonight I finished putting my 98 shee back together after a 4 mil build and it wont run. ignition is all stock except for being +5 timing. if I choke the carbs, it tried to start one time. Take them off choke and it tries to start, one time. So I checked spark and its there on both cylinders, plugs are new and gapped .028. I swapped my stock coil for my dyna coil and it immediately fired up but sounds as if its alternating cylinders and it idles rough and then backfires, went back to stock coil and it wont run again, but still has spark. looking for suggestions. pick up gap is set at .018 so that shouldn't be an issue, ran great before it was taken apart. I have deleted the parking brake since it last ran. No idea if that would hurt it or not.

mods are

HJR 4 mil mx hardcore port

cool head with custom domes

chariot reed cages

chariot intakes

Keihin 35mm Pwk's

CEL needles, 152 mains, 50 pilots, 1.5 out on air screw

FMF SSt pipes and power core 2 silencers

+5 timing

first gallon of fuel is 93 octane mixed 20:1 with yamalube 2r

I'm hoping it's something simple that I'm overlooking

Also, showing 130 psi per cylinder on fresh bore and rings so compression is good, didn't hold pressure on leak down but it did pass the less than 1 psi per minute test. I sprayed the whole engine down case halves and all and couldn't find it. I think it might have been my tester itself leaking.

Also, showing 130 psi per cylinder on fresh bore and rings so compression is good, didn't hold pressure on leak down but it did pass the less than 1 psi per minute test. I sprayed the whole engine down case halves and all and couldn't find it. I think it might have been my tester itself leaking.

Didn't pass a proper test, so you made up a hillbilly test that justified the fact that it failed. Always verify EVERYTHING, why risk the thousands on the motor.

So, here's where its at now. It fires right up on the dyna coil but runs awful. its loping from cylinder to cylinder. it smokes out the left for a second, then stops and smokes out the left and back and forth. backfires when revved. Sent Kan a video of it and he thinks its the stator failing. Pulled the flywheel and found the green source wire on the stator with a rub mark where it had come out and touched the flywheel. I believe she grounded out as I now show resistance from source to ground which he said should be open line. Local yamaha dealer has a stator on the shelf that im going to get in the morning and try out