Gas delivery problem

I got a 99 banshee that is not getting gas to the heads. I checked the tank screens, jets and choke cross tube. When I put some gas in the spark plug holes it's starts right up and dies when the gas in them are gone. Then I will go to kick it and will not start. Any ideas on the problem?

low compression = low vacuum = little or no gas at low RPMs

also

clogged pilot jets = little or no fuel at low RPMs

also

bad reeds = all sorts of problems

Check the compression, at least pour some premix oil in the plug holes and see if it fires. since it is not combustible it will seal the rings and raise the compression and start if you got fuel, since you checked the jets already.

Put gas in the holes and it starts good, then only stays running for 2-5 seconds. Cleaned pilot and main jets. Tank screens are clear. It's not getting gas into the cylinders and won't start in I put quick start through them.

Can you just listen and check the compression.

It's a 5 minute test. Can cause all the symptoms you're describing. This is the last thing to do before you pull the intakes and check the reeds.

Put gas in the holes and it starts good, then only stays running for 2-5 seconds. Cleaned pilot and main jets. Tank screens are clear. It's not getting gas into the cylinders and won't start in I put quick start through them.

You cleaned the pilot and main jets but did you take care of...

Needle and seat seized/stuck. Float height

This ^^ too?

Many times it takes a bit more than just a douching of carb cleaner to get all the crap off the "seats," so if your compression checks out pull the floats/float valves(needles) off, grab yourself a few q-tips, massage each seat with something like toothpaste (not the gel the actual paste) which works very well, once nice and shiny hit it with carb cleaner to get the rest of the shit out of there, good as new. Last time I did it I used a hair of Master Formula on a q-tip and polished them right up. Not sure it was the best idea but they worked just fine when I was done. Definitely make sure float height is adjusted to spec too, also extremely important.

If you don't have one get yourself a service manual, lots of valuable info in there. I think there's one in the technical section you can download...