To much oil = lean condition?

dont snomos use almost no oil at idle and a shitload at full tilt ? t

This just in from Alaska, "no they most certainly do not".  You can bypass the oil injector crap and I've found 40:1 works well.

Edited by WALZ
  • Like 2

Mod the sleds always and this can be achieved easier by simplifying.  Still love old banshees, still love old P-Tek HO's and respect the sound a yamaha tripple..  The f-ing point is mix 40:1 +/- 25%.  

gas and 2 stroke oil is pretty standard unless dragging 4 pokes but I wouldn't on one of those boat anchors in the mountains.

actually sold it quite quickly. If I want electronics and tuners I'd join a different forum.  What have you got that puts you on the next level?

A few things.

There are lots of 16:1 alky bikes out there and I even know of a few highly oxygenated fuels that mix well at 16:1. It is definitely a rich oil/lean fuel mixture but if the bike is jetted according to the fuel it should burn majority of it. (Some synthetics excluded)

If you took the average stock banshee with pipes and just started dumping 16:1 in it will definitely blow a healthy cloud and definitely dribble a bit. That was actually the suggested break in mix in earlier manuals, but people need to remember oil quality was a bit different then. Now you try that with modern synthetics and you would probably be wasting money for sure.

Lots of folks have opinions and brand preference and never actually have any real reasoning for doing so other then "I dunno but it just works.". Well, I will tell you why I think in performance applications I prefer 32:1 or more oil. Certain builders set up clearances differently depending on set up which can mean that a motor is quite loose till reaching operating temp. On a 2 stroke friction over port windows is hell on pistons compared to 4 strokes. So in my opinion, the best way to protect the motor is by keeping as much oil on the surfaces inside. Put as much of a particular brand as you can and still burn or at least vaporize with out losing power. JET ACCORDINGLY, and there should t be any issues. That's just me...

Snowmobiles.... Nothing wrong with that analogy IMO plenty of oil injected quads to. My favorite riding is on the ice so that makes sense to me. Two strokes really wake up in the cold and they tend to eat a lot more fuel at 30* and below which means the motor is producing more power. Might as well give it a bit more protection if you can. I have been using Blendzall at highly rich oil/lean fuel mix lately for cold and believe me, my motors are showing the results. Cylinders are showing compression longer in the season, and actual wear has been minimized.

tricked if you take a stroll through thumpertalk youll see plenty of them foos with spooge all over the rear of the bike with 40 and 60:1 mixes. mostly because they dont know a main jet from a pilot jet. maybe they ride 2mph in 1st gear. its usually a combination of things

i can tell you with 100% certainty that it makes little difference if the engine and pipes are stock, 16:1 doesnt smoke like a freight train or spooge all over. as with any mix you tune the carb as such. may need to go up or down a size or two on the jets.

guys like gravel talk out their ass then back peddle. not only was he inaccurate but missed the mark completely. missed the whole fuggin barn by a mile. blows oil out the pips= false. sludges the case=false. wont run because the oil content is to high=false. one time he even claimed to be a builder if i recall. a builder of patio furniture aparently