need help, run in with highway patrol and my bike is gone

No way in hell any cop was gonna impound my shit when it's on a trailer. I am not the cop hating type(even with criminal history). But if I had paper work brought out and he still wanted my shit, he would of had to give me the Treyvon Martin treatment before there was any cooperation. I know some of you don't agree with that since you're affiliated with or have friends/family that are cops. However we all know there are a lot of cops who use the badge as a means of making others miserable. This is when I start advocating dead cops.

Does the cop have the right to do so? Dunno about usa, but here, a cop can check what's in your trailer and ask for papers.

Edited by Glorfindel

No its not back yet. I talked to the investigator today and asked if he got the number out. He said it's coming and he's using acid (well no shit). He said he was waiting on information from yamaha and it wasn't being easy whatever the fuck that means. He talked about I will need to get a salvage receipt 106 and pay $53 for the vin tag to be made and he will rivet it on the frame. I said oh so we're cool then , he's like no n I'm still working on it. Told me not to get the receipt yet. So idk what the hell he is doing. Prob riding the fucker and he already had the numbers. I know it doesn't take 2 days to get a vin out of the frame, I've seen it take like seconds. I'll keep you posted, hope.i hear tomorrow. I have no idea what he would be contacting yamaha for. Maybe to see if he can match it to engine? Idk if cases are original though I personally have never changed them so I would hope.

Vin will not be visible long and can wear down depending on what chemical they use. Plus I'm going to have to paint it there so it's just easier to recognize next time.

No way in hell any cop was gonna impound my shit when it's on a trailer. I am not the cop hating type(even with criminal history). But if I had paper work brought out and he still wanted my shit, he would of had to give me the Treyvon Martin treatment before there was any cooperation. I know some of you don't agree with that since you're affiliated with or have friends/family that are cops. However we all know there are a lot of cops who use the badge as a means of making others miserable. This is when I start advocating dead cops.

Fucking right!

Prayers must have worked. They called me and told me to come get it. She's back in the garage. Waiting for my vin tag to come before I take it.out again. I have no idea how they got a good number, you can't see anything. Maybe me calling every hour did it. Who knows all I know is I am happy.

• Like 4

Glad you got it back bud. I would of been freaking the fuck out if that happened to me. That's why I always keep my vin visible. Even if I get it powdered, I have them do a tiny rectangle blocking off so the vin # so it doesn't get painted over. Then you clear it so it doesn't rust. I can't be dealing with that shit especially when your over 10k on a build.