What builder gets the best rep for 10mil super servals

CPI chromed your Shearers? what did they charge for that

Best idea I've heard yet. (Seriously)

I have a buddy that bought "Show Chrome" Shearers and brand new they had some rust bleeding through at the flanges. He cleaned them up with wd40 and steel wool and sealed them up. They literally had one outing and the chrome started to come apart and bleed rust. He sent them back expecting them to be re chromed. (Just taking them apart to ship, the chrome came off the stinger tubes and stuck to the silencers)

They came back looking like some one just wire wheeled the rust and hit them with a buffer. Back they went a second time They just came back with the chrome still all fucked on the stinger tubes as well as the expansion chambers looking like some one tried to torch off the old chrome before rechroming again. You can see the flaking left at all the seams under the new chrome. To boot, pulling them out of the packaging, they already had rust forming on them. Quite fucking pitiful....

I had my early Early Nickel Shearers on hand to compare and you can tell a massive plummet in quality/craftsmanship is evident. Typically you can hide all that with a good chrome shop, but they seem to be just as bunk as the pipe construction them selves.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/30/bf0f7858da85a55d356253c1381e0ff5.jpg[/img6584264d049985b44e3137ce7a67b581.jpg

9f36cbb4d50ba336eb81d76e521e9161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chroming AL is pretty difficult. They have to be buffed to a 100% polish in order for the chrome to adhere correctly. It's obvious that they weren't prepped correctly. But really silencers should be Brite Dip anodized or polished to give a chrome look.

No no, that isn't chrome coming off the silencer. (Those are just brushed alum.) That is chrome coming off the stinger tube and sticking to the silencer.

Ragun, if I'm going this far with it, why not go all the way? Of course reliability is a must, and I'll have to talk that over with Cam.

Fellow HQ member rjdgriff has a redline 10mil serval on pump and put hundred of hours on it. I dont see why the super shouldnt do the same although i personally would fear the piston skirt cracking. I actually should of went with a 4mil serval since 60-70hp would be more than enough for what i do. But like you said, why not go all the way. thank the lord the biggest you can go with stock cases is only a 10mil lol.

I cant comment on supporting mods nor parts needed to do it right. I been out of the game way too long and for the price this cost, i didnt want to sort through the trolls here. So i called up a builder who i thought could do it best. Communication was great on his part. The build took a good while but that was fine with me and time frame was discussed and met before i gave him the go.

For reasons posted(thank you tricked) and redlines' recommendation, i had the pipes sent strait to CPI for chrome. I was going to powder coat my jugs and pipes but I didnt want to keep heat in anything. I personally am not into the bling bling. I orignally planned to do the pipes and frame rust color powder with a clear clearcoat on it. Sleeper :)

Edited by RagunCajun

I think a 10mil super serval is 532. I'm not sure. Like I said, I don't keep up much with the scene. Life is busy.

A quick Google search says if it's a 72 bore it's only a 521cc. My mistake.

Edited by RagunCajun