Sold a banshee. New owner blew it up.

Tommygunn

how cold? stock setup is pretty good to +/- 30 degrees from 70f, givin theres no mods and pure stock.

It wouldn't be any colder than 25 or so at the most. I'm running twin Fmf and I believe my jetting is in the proper range (260-290?) And the needle is on the 3rd clip, I'll have to pop a carb open and verify the main jets. It's been ported and I'm running double k&n intakes (no TORS) Edited by doctorwyant

In 25* that thing will need plenty more fuel. That thing with just mild porting and FMF's with pods, I'd say you should be minimum 320 main and 30 pilot. In the cold I'd say the pilot may be ok, but try a 32.5 to be sure. The main will be 360-370 ish.

Woah. No way. Your way off. Do not ride or even start it again.

In 25* that thing will need plenty more fuel. That thing with just mild porting and FMF's with pods, I'd say you should be minimum 320 main and 30 pilot. In the cold I'd say the pilot may be ok, but try a 32.5 to be sure. The main will be 360-370 ish.

Thanks you both for the info! I'm going to pull the carbs and check the jetting size. I'm most likely mistaken but I won't run anything until I know what I'm actually dealing with.

whats your elevation doc? stock Mikuni carbs im at 1200ft, stock port, fmf gold, boyesen reeds, single K&n, bored 65 over, in iowa, when its summer say 70*-80* I run 300 mains, 27.5, up 1 clip on the needle and about 1 3/4 out on the screws. when its say 25* I run 320 mains, 30 idle, and needle clip back down in stock position and about a half a turn in on the screws. BUT im not ported!!!!!!!! I want to emphasise that. Any colder and I don't ride.

im sure I could use a better jet setup if I tweeked it a little but we get huge temp swings here, it may be 40 in the am and 80 by noon.

I'm only at around 300 ft. Here in the Oregon Willamette valley. I wish I was around when the work was being done on the bike so I could actually know what's up with it. I plan on tomorrow breaking down the carbs just to do a bit of recon and then I can give you some proper numbers. I'll most likely start my own thread when I get to it.

I'm only at around 300 ft. Here in the Oregon Willamette valley. I wish I was around when the work was being done on the bike so I could actually know what's up with it. I plan on tomorrow breaking down the carbs just to do a bit of recon and then I can give you some proper numbers. I'll most likely start my own thread when I get to it.

PM "builder" on here. He's a kid toucher, but pretty well versed in bikes here in Oregon and will be able to get you real close. There are lots of shops here locally. Where in the valley do you live?