Getting a banshee. is set up wrong for trails?

Came across a banshee for sale with CPI inframes, Coolhead, vforce reeds, k&n, +4 swing arm. I do mostly desert/ trail riding. I know the banshee is the king of hills but how will this bike do in the trails? What kind of low end power am I looking at? Also with the set up ..say I am going slow on 3rd gear and pin it will I bog out or pull?? If you guys please could awnser all my questions it would be appreciated.

Mine has T5s, 21cc domes, +4 timing, and Pro Flow w/ Uni and no lid.  On a 15t front sprocket, most would argue that mine isn't set up for the trails.  I do very well on it.  You need to ride it and determine what you need more of.  We can make general recommendations, but you're the one who has to ride it all the time.  If we tell you that the CPIs aren't going to do well and you get out there and think that your engine isn't what's slowing you down but rather your suspension, would you switch to PCs or FMFs?  I wouldn't. 

I was riding on my track a while back and was trying to cut the lap times.  The fastest lap time that I've ever turned was a 1:06 and I was trying to get it down even more.  My issues were these:

Section 1: improve brakes, increase front grip

Section 2: reduce roll, increase rear grip

Section 3: improve brakes

Section 4: increase rear stability

Section 5: reduce roll

From that, would it have been wise to spend $1800 on a ported 4mil or a bit more on a great suspension setup and some good tires?  The specifics don't lie.  BUT, if I told everyone that I had a set of T5s and 15t front sprocket running in 1st gear trails, I wouldn't have gotten responses that were going to make me much faster, would I?  You have to put it through the ringer and find a place to ride where you can learn it and push it more and more until you find the limits of what you have.

The longer swinger will hurt performance on the trail. They do make high end rear swingers made for long travel but do not extend the length by much. I been tweaking mine for 3 years now and biggest things were correct jetting to have throttle crispness, new stage three dual rate elkas and lots of power. You don't want too much traction just enough but some slide to whip around the turns. I'm thinking of getting some bead locks because of how hard I ran it last trip I could see a possible tire problem when its gets technical. I think it runs good, but I'll be damned if there wasn't a 4 stroke dirtbike trying to pass me.

Mine has T5s, 21cc domes, +4 timing, and Pro Flow w/ Uni and no lid.  On a 15t front sprocket, most would argue that mine isn't set up for the trails.  I do very well on it.  You need to ride it and determine what you need more of.  We can make general recommendations, but you're the one who has to ride it all the time.  If we tell you that the CPIs aren't going to do well and you get out there and think that your engine isn't what's slowing you down but rather your suspension, would you switch to PCs or FMFs?  I wouldn't. 

I was riding on my track a while back and was trying to cut the lap times.  The fastest lap time that I've ever turned was a 1:06 and I was trying to get it down even more.  My issues were these:

Section 1: improve brakes, increase front grip

Section 2: reduce roll, increase rear grip

Section 3: improve brakes

Section 4: increase rear stability

Section 5: reduce roll

From that, would it have been wise to spend $1800 on a ported 4mil or a bit more on a great suspension setup and some good tires?  The specifics don't lie.  BUT, if I told everyone that I had a set of T5s and 15t front sprocket running in 1st gear trails, I wouldn't have gotten responses that were going to make me much faster, would I?  You have to put it through the ringer and find a place to ride where you can learn it and push it more and more until you find the limits of what you have.

What tires did you find to your liking? How did you improve roll and brakes?

Edited by salmon_slayer06

What tires did you find to your liking? How did you improve roll and brakes?

Duro Hookups.  They grip when you need them to and are really predictable when they start to break loose.  They add to the roll a bit because they have so much traction, but the predictability more than makes up for it.  I suspect that I'll have to get some custom domes and some VF4s to allow it to break away under throttle like I'm used to.  I like how it's geared now so I'll probably stick with the 15t front for now.

I went with Stage 3 elka triples with rebound adjustment front and rear and Lonestar LTs.  I had Works triples w/ res up front and they were great but I saw where they were limited after a few months. 

As far as brakes, I'm still looking for a YFZ setup.