New Driveline Performance 68mm piston

Same cylinder for 110 or 115 rod, different gasket and pin height piston.

ok that makes perfect sense. thats what i was trying to say in my earlier posts but i probly made it sound confusing. so theres just one cylinder and its cast for a 110 rod. i understand now and hence the reason you made the new piston, to accomidate the 115 rod without needing a spacer plate

I never knew they cast a 120 or even a 125 rod 10mm cub. I doubt many if any are around.

they might not cast a 10cub for 120 or 125 rods. it shows them listed on the site however but im thinking theyll just send you a 10cub cast for 115 rod and then if you choose to use a longer 120 or 125 rod youll either have to use a spacer or a different piston with a higher pin

ok that makes perfect sense. thats what i was trying to say in my earlier posts but i probly made it sound confusing. so theres just one cylinder and its cast for a 110 rod. i understand now and hence the reason you made the new piston, to accomidate the 115 rod without needing a spacer plate

Im not sure what the original intended piston and rod combo the cylinders were cast for, it seems it is most likely the 115mm rod though. The most common combination seems to be the 115mm rod with .012 base gasket using the currently available blaster pistons. (this is for a 58/68 motor)    At least thats the way all 3 of my 421 cubs and servals were set up.  they were purchased from different vendors at different times over the years so it seems that is the "standard" so to speak.  If you look on the CPI site, they have 58x68 cylinders listed for both the 110mm and 115mm rod, but when you open them up they are in fact the same cylinder they just list a different piston and base gasket if you use a 110 mm rod. That part i think you already figured out.  The blaster piston commonly in use already has the higher pin height that this new piston has.  Im gathering the differnce is mostly in the windows and the other mentioned improvements.  Dimensionally its the same as what has been in use.  So basically we arent using a spacer plate now and we wont be with the new one, its just an "improved version"

• Like 2

Rubberdicks interpretation made more sense than registered user dudes. His didn't make sense. Seems he's the one that doesn't know what he's talking about being it clearly states what's up with these new pistons in the beginning of this thread.

"New piston option for 68mm bore cylinders with a 6mm higher pin height like the 573mo6800 (blaster piston)."

says the guy thats never done a ounce of his own engine work . run along parts changer :whistling:  :rotflmao:.  i was trying to say the same thing rubber neck did but i couldnt type it correctly so it probly didnt make sense. all any of you geniouses had to say from the very begining was: this new piston compensates for the length difference when a 115 rod is used in a 110 cylinder. yet you clueless fuks didnt say nothin. probly because you dont know nothin.

banshee HP i understand now. problem is i havent been around banshees that long so im not yet familiar with all the possible cylinder, rod, piston combinations. i think what caused confusion for me at the begining was i thought the cylinders were cast for each length of rod which had me wondering why you would need a different pin height. once i realized the cylinders werent cast for each different rod length then your new piston made sense

for someone that claims to do their own engine work, you are a huge fucking moron. by huge, i mean skeeter huge.

for calling other clueless, you sure don't have a clue to stand on yourself.

It's painful, but im goin to agree with zilla