O.G./GRR Ice Racing

SlowerThanYou

For some reason I attract a lot of shit. Mostly because people are jelous. When you spend 20g's on a big 20mm full custom jobbie, and get your ass handed to you by my 350. All the shit starts!

When you admit to yourself that there may be some guys that can build real fast shit and some that can't. Things will change for you. I'm sure K & T didn't rip you off. But they sure the fuck didn't point you in the right direction!

I give people what they need, not always what they want! To me it's about winning the race, not showing up with the coolest new shit or big new whatever.

The fastest guy at the track is always the guy who makes consistant progress. Small changes, small improvements, consistantly over time.

Slower, You made a huge jump. Here's my advice, go back to where you last were. Fastest setup, put everything else on the bench. Why do your setups look so different? That big bike will never be fast! Can't you see how different it looks from your first setup? Just because everyone else at the track has a chassis that looks like that, does not make it right. My chassis look different because I build them to win races. Not to look like everyone else! My bikes make a flawless transition from sand, dirt, blacktop and back. Traction is traction. Change the rubber, fuck with the clutch, change the gears. Race!!

If you can honestly tell me you need help sorting out your shit. I'll help. Don't care if you buy my shit or not.

Slower, You made a huge jump. Here's my advice, go back to where you last were. Fastest setup, put everything else on the bench. Why do your setups look so different? That big bike will never be fast! Can't you see how different it looks from your first setup? Just because everyone else at the track has a chassis that looks like that, does not make it right. My chassis look different because I build them to win races. Not to look like everyone else! My bikes make a flawless transition from sand, dirt, blacktop and back. Traction is traction. Change the rubber, fuck with the clutch, change the gears. Race!!

If you can honestly tell me you need help sorting out your shit. I'll help. Don't care if you buy my shit or not.

Thanks for the constructive advice!

We didn't have much choice to go back. The Stock frame was set-up to do Asphalt, 300' & hillshooting. I wrecked it testing the new motor at the airport. We had a 300' race in 3 weeks. My Son has a very nice Black Label Chassis & has been 3.50s on with a twin & 3.40s with a triple. It works very well for an outdated heavy chassis.

In a couple weeks we are starting on the old stock frame chassis. The old 443 Cub was sold to help finance the DMX. I still have my back-up 7mm cub cylinders that run just as hard as the sold ones. We were debating what motor to put in & finally decided on the 535, due to time constraints.

Back to the DMX, Angel wants to take it to Gilbert in spring of 2015. So, he's working very hard to get it right along with another bike.

I'm in good hands with my Son Angel. He's very capable of figuring problems out. He was the one mainly responsible for setting the worlds fastest twin record, 3.213 @ 96.84 mph. Along with the owner & other's help. They thought they could do better without him & quickly found out differently. The bike is now back at my Sons house being prepared for 2015.

It's listed under Twin Cylinder Unlimited, bike #69, Angel Morales.

http://www.prosanddrags.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4503/PSDA_OFFICIAL_RECORD_BOOK#Post4503

There is no standard on the ice. I've been 300, 500, 600 ft drags. Radar runs are usually 1000 ft. Sometimes we just race between the cones, where ever someone puts them.

On the longer radar runs can you give some mph numbers & some basic set-up details like gearing, motor size, chassis, etc.

• 2 months later...