Okay, these are drawings zilla was talking about. The blaster frame has the same name he was referring to earlier in the thread. I guess this Thacker guy took money from people to build these frames and took their money? I was really hoping those frames were legit!

Someone else will have to chime in regarding other people's money. That's the first I've heard of that.

However, he is the sort of guy who is full of far more "good ideas" then common sense and reality.

I'm pretty certain that both of those drawings were created by Jim Thacker.

Those are concept ideas that he has dreamt up.

He was seeking a shop that was willing to turn them into reality.

Pretty certain that is as far as they have ever gone. Wishful dreams...

Sir Thacker is considered a quack by most members here.

Let me make sure I've got this right.

None of those frames were actually built. People gave this Thacker guy money to build these frames and it was all a big scam? That sucks.

That banshee frame is exactly what I'm looking for, both those frames use the new yfz geometry and from what I can tell they both use yfz a arms, suspension, and swingarm so you could run your choice of a arms, swingarm, ect. Could you run any 250R a arms on Lsr Outlaw and Leadger frames or were you forced to run custom Lsr a arms that were specific to the Outlaw frame only?

It sucks the dude was a scammer. Whoever designed those frames spent a lot of time on those prints, I wish the dimensions were included on them. If they were half the work would already be done. Lsr or another chassis fabricator could build a frame with new yfz geometry using those prints. Did he happen to post or send a print to anybody that bought one of these that included the dimensions and specs?

He never had orders for a frame. He is just a hack and scammer. His stock frame banshee with yfz aarms and shocks was the greatest thing till he got yfzr shocks and some other aarms. He is just a clueless retard. I had a post some time ago about his greatest hits. Like he can hit bowling ball size rocks at 60mph and not feel them, but then the rocks were 2/3 into the ground. He then was talking shit on a mini quad forum about other members kids. The scammer part is recent where he tried to sell a billet stock stroke crank that was badass but really was just a paper weight.

I hate scammers. It doesn't sound like that guy was smart enough to actually design those frames. I've played around with software like that and it is very in depth and you'd almost have to get some form of professional training to use it and design something as detailed as a frame. He had to have somebody else or a company design those, he didn't sketch those with colored pencils and crayons.

I found Jim Thacker on Facebook. I'm thinking about sending him a pm to find out if he ever moved forward and built the hybrid banshee frame he designed. I just got through reading through the custom frame thread he posted here a while back and now I want one even more! I won't be sending him any money anytime soon but the frame he designed seems to be perfect and it offers everything I'm looking for. His reasons for using a banshee swingarm and rear shock makes since. If the yfz has 11.5 inches of rear travel and you can get 11.5 inches of rear travel out of banshee rear suspension why not? The banshee swingarms are easier to get and a lot cheaper.

The only issue or problem I think he'll see using the shorter banshee shock is ease of tuning. I've always thought a longer shock was much easier to get dialed in, but the extra hour or so it will take me to fine tune the shorter rear shock doesn't bother me.

Does anybody know if he ever made up his mind about modding a stock frame or starting from scratch and building it from chromoly or aluminum? I would rather have a complete custom frame that's was built from scratch. I don't think he'd ever get everything right if he chops a stock frame.

His idea of using the rear banshee swingarm is 100% stupid. The elka linkage and shock is around a grand. Then you need a good swingarm (aftermarket round house) still. A stock yfz450r swingarm is already roundhouse and it is not that much.

He says he can get 11 inches of travel out of the banshee rear suspension with a longer rear shock and the stock rear link on his frame thread where he was looking for someone to build it for him. I don't know if that's true or not.

I've researched the banshee rear shock and rear suspesion on here a lot today and everything I've read says the banshee rear suspension is pretty good after you have the rear shock resprung and revalved. The only other complaint I've seen anyone complain about is the stock rear carrier adjustment and setup. I saw a bunch of guys say that on here and on e2s. Is that not true? I've raced 450's for three years, but the banshee is a new animal.

I'll hold off if you think contacting him about the frame is bad idea Laedger.

He says he can get 11 inches of travel out of the banshee rear suspension with a longer rear shock and the stock rear link on his frame thread where he was looking for someone to build it for him. I don't know if that's true or not.

I would strongly urge you to search some of his threads/posts here on BHQ thoroughly.

This should give you an idea of what kind of personality Thacker has before you decide to reach out to him or not.