finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

3 hours ago, RagunCajun said:

Talked to cam. It's just burning off the oil etc from my putting around like a pansy for so long. I should of talked to him first. At least it just cost me some time and not an engine.

Everything was fine because this is the first time i putt putted many times over and over riding around the neighbor hood. Then i went to my folks house on their land and opened it up. I've done it before but i used to ride the bike WOT a lot so the oil in the exhaust never had time to collect.

It makes perfect sense then. The cooling system was perfectly fine. At least the 50/50 is out and i can run distilled and water wetter now that the cool weather is done. Ill get some video this weekend if the field is dry. I'm curious to see what she can do in 6th with stock sprockets and a mpg/gps phone app. I opened it up once Saturday though the gears. I forgot just how stupid powerful the engine is.

Id love to see that thing at the dunes with some paddles! That thing can power wheelie in 6th gear i bet 

• 1 month later...

The bike currently idles too low all of a sudden. I turned the idle adjustment about 2/5th of a turn in and it didnt make a difference. The fuel is fresh as well as the plugs. My plan is to clean the air filters and outter wears since i dont remember the last time i cleaned them. Any thing else i can look for? I've never really had to mess with the idle on my bikes. I just tune the carbs and it's usually fine for good. The weather is a hell of a lot warmer now.

3 hours ago, RagunCajun said:

The bike currently idles too low all of a sudden. I turned the idle adjustment about 2/5th of a turn in and it didnt make a difference. The fuel is fresh as well as the plugs. My plan is to clean the air filters and outter wears since i dont remember the last time i cleaned them. Any thing else i can look for? I've never really had to mess with the idle on my bikes. I just tune the carbs and it's usually fine for good. The weather is a hell of a lot warmer now.

Good seeing you here Hilarious. I hope you are doing well and still riding!

Bike idles now. I cleaned the filters and raised the idle via the idle screws a half turn. I'm going to raise it a little more and make sure the carbs are synced. It's been a little while since i synced them.

edit* Chariot thumb throttle on the way and awaiting a return call from Fullbore.

Fullbores are on the way. I was able to get in touch with them a couple hours ago. I ordered a set in white and non-race cut. They should ship tomorrow at the latest. Hopefully ill have them this weekend.

I raised my idle this weekend so it idled and synced my carbs. I think i went in nearly 1.5-2 turns in to raise the idle. I find that's a lot of turns for such a small idle rpm raise. The bike was noticeably more snappy in lower rpms around my sub division.

Looks like my chariot throttle will be here tomorrow according to tracking.

Returning the Chariot throttle (opens up to a 41mm carb) today, orderd a Cuervo racing thumb throttle. I do not like how much far forward i have to push the lever to fully open my 39's. I also did not like the wobble in the shaft that lever attaches to that goes into the housing. I spoke with Jerry of Chariot about this. He was cool about it and even offered an ever swap for the more expensive thumb throttle. But i will just get a refund. That's very stand up of him.

The Cuervo racing thumb throttle opens up a 64mm carb so it should require less thumb lever movement range to open my 39's vs Chariots one that can open a 49mm. I talked to the owner of Cuvero racing and his one is less sloppy. His also does not have a logo on top from what i can see which is a huge plus. I do not like logos of companies on my bike which is why i had the cool head on my engine black anodized black with no logos.

Still no word on my full bores. They never charged me for it yet nor provided tracking. It's a small mom and pop shop so no big deal. Ill give them a full week to charge/ship. I plan to bring my stingers and silencers this weekend to the powder coater.

Does anyone know the difference between regular and light springs in carbs like my 39's? Id like to make sure which mine are if they are not light springs, ill order a set.

Cuvero racing thumb throttle installed. Love it so far.

Came home today to some brand new white full bores.

My wife is going drop off my CSFX stuff tomorrow for powder. Finally cosmetics will be almost done.

• 2 weeks later...