Banshee lag

I recently bought my first banshee for almost nothing. Its bone stock and after changing plugs brakes and clutch cable it seems fine although someone told me that banshees normally have lag when you try to take off, can anyone tell me if this is true or do I need to do some more work to it?

No 2s has tractor like low end (4poke)

List up your mods and settings/jetting.  It might only take cleaning carbs, setting floats, sync carbs, tweeking air screw/needle to make it better

its a bone stock 1998 banshee the only thing the guy said he changed was the boost bottle

I see you are new here....

Listen to these guys they know what there talking about...even if you have a dumb question dont be afraid...better to ask then to blow shit up...if you ask a question "genuinely" people will help you

But...when someone gives you advise dont question it...follow it...you are new they are not....

And theres alot of ball busting that goes on here so take it with a grain of salt. ..if you have thin skin this is not the place for you...welcome to the addiction. ...

Do the carbs one at a time as parts are different, but will fit wrong carb. Don't forget to install choke crossover tube between carbs.

Either get a Clymers repair manual or find the download on the forum.

The boost bottle does nothing for performance. It does cause cracks on the intake boots, which causes air leaks, which causes melted pistons. Dump the bottle.

Get either the stock crossover tube or pvc caps that fit the boot. Install with sealant and hose clamps.