Trinity racing parts

jtaylor

You were openly happy with it making LESS than an unported cylinder.

We've been over this too. I was never "openly happy" about it being a turd. I had more important things going on at the time. Pretty sure my warranty was up anyway giving the builders current state. So what difference did my timing make other that if it was your motor your OCD would have ate you up along time ago?

Just answer the question JUAN. And if that's the case why you sweatin all these numbers if they are just that? Who's swinger you waiting on? Get another JL? Get one of his purdy ones?

Because being informed is what I do. If nobody checks these things…..then people would believe your positive feedback about Passion. (Now that you know….your not talking them up like you use to)

Same thing with 10millMike. He spent years telling me his Cheetah was bad ass…..Till he found out it only made 97HP.  (Now he amped the motor up and he's back to being stoked about it…but that isn't the point.)

See the point is, the conversation has to have a base of info to work from. Do you have any idea how many people think they have 100HP 4 mill Cubs just because they read it on the web?

The point is……there are plenty of guys with 75 HP bikes that truly believe they are making 90+.

Take the Servals as an example. (And I'm just going off info that was widely shared here over the last few years)

When the Servals cam out, they were supposed to bolt together and make 80/50 on pump gas. Most people saw numbers that were more realistically 78/47. (And that was with bigger carbs and a wide variety of pipes)

Now the CP cylinders are pretty good as delivered. Porting in general usually can add about 5 HP (and of course a little stronger curve) But all in all a 5HP gain is average.

That would bring the motor up around 83HP.

Now take a look at it from my point of view……The claimed 96HP 4 mill Serval with 28's…..Subtract 13% = 83.5HP (Right on par with where the numbers sound realistic)

If people wanna believe 96HP with 28's……more power to ya. BUT ALL THOSE SAME PEOPLE have posted for YEARS about people needing 35's for basic bolt on motors. Is the belief that throwing 35's on that Serval will put it in the triple digits?

What about the guy who said they got 85HP out of FMF pipes on a pump gas 4 mill build?  I'm a big fan of the FMF FATTY's….but come on! Let's be real.

Tyler….139/76? 

If anyone has a SC making those number for real…..I'm happy for them. But I'm convinced those numbers are really 121/66

If I'm wrong……then enjoy the power. It doesn't matter at all to me because there is ALWAYS someone faster and bigger at every event. I'm not trying to buy the most power ever.

Heck at the HQ ride 465's, 521' and a big 24DM were trading wins. Proof there is always somebody who is going to find a way to buy a win.

But….people should base their adulation on a reality that can be repeated. 

But the harsh truth is people are stupid. They voted for Obama because nothing sells better than hope. Nothing makes products fly off shelves like hope.

They hope this product makes them loose weight, look younger, smooth wrinkles, improve mileage, save money, grow hair, add 10HP, etc….

If my comments destroy you dreams of hope and shatter your illusions…..then hate away.  But just like Dave5.0 case….before you go telling me a bunch of positive things about a builder or a product……go find out for SURE on your own time. 

The missing power may not be a big deal to you…..be for someone who found hope in your initial review….they might be pissed to find out the guy who told them Passion did great work was dead wrong. (Especially if their motor never got shipped back) LOL

As for the swing arm question…..the season is almost over for me. I have one last dirt ride planned. Then I'm pulling the +6 arm off my play bike and sending it back to JL to remove the black powder and get it chromed. Then YES, he will be building an arm for my drag bike. (A ladder style….but I don't think arched. We'll see)

OK..

So, did you dyno your motor when you got it on the IPS dyno? Did it make the same numbers as Shearer's dyno?

It seems odd that you haven't really mentioned it, considering your extensive work with the dyno.

And can  you refresh me again on what Shearer said the motor made, just to compare with Redline's 10SC? Oops, I was looking at the wrong chart.. It was 136/71.

Tyler….139/76?

If anyone has a SC making those number for real…..I'm happy for them. But I'm convinced those numbers are really 121/66

If I'm wrong……then enjoy the power. It doesn't matter at all to me because there is ALWAYS someone faster and bigger at every event. I'm not trying to buy the most power ever.

Heck at the HQ ride 465's, 521' and a big 24DM were trading wins. Proof there is always somebody who is going to find a way to buy a win.

121/66 fo a 10mil SC? Wat 465 tradin wins wid my junk?

121/66 fo a 10mil SC? Wat 465 tradin wins wid my junk?

Bucky had his moments in the sun.  :clap:

Question is…….why wasn't that big 24DM walking on everything by bikes?

I always here HP = Top speed

Question is why in the fuck would you send a swinger BACK to be stripped and chromed?

JL's prices make that a money loss idea. Sell, buy new. One way shipping!

Even if you (edit)

You are so FOS it's not even funny. You won't convince me, nor do you need to, that after all the talk about you going to LS and making your "schedule" known on here and other places I'm sure, that you went all that way and didn't bring your drag bike because you thought the arm was too short. Racers keep the doors open at UPS. There is a myriad of people that could have had a swinger at your door or sitting at your camp when you arrived at LS. I think there is more to your "I didn't have a swingarm" story. Whatever it may be I'm sure is a valid reason, but it sure doesn't make 2+2=4 sense to me.

All the usual suspects are up tonight.

Hey Mike…….just remember…..that daddy is the one who clued you into what a steaming pipe your bike really was. (And fixed it for ya)  ;)

97HP from a 10 mill cheetah and YOU were clueless enough to think it was a strong motor.  :yank: What a moron. (And I predicted the power levels YEARS before you finally found out)

I made more with a Trinity mess 4 mill cheetah. :rotflmao: LMFAO

Wait…wait tell me again about how your 10 mill Cheetah is going to make 120+ on alky.  Especially since my 10 mill super (That rendered the Cheetah design obsolete) is already making 130 with In-Frames.  :bunny:

Guess I need to take it to your daddy again and have him dyno it. Since it only made 114 64 on his dyno with race gas. And on someone elses dyno on C 16 made 120. Again. Never seen your dyno sheet and any track numbers from you. I do not dyno race John. I track race. Bring your POS to the track or shut the fuck up keyboard racer.

• Like 1

I'm actually not trying to get into a pissing match. I'm just curious how the numbers compared on different dynos.

And I'm also curious about the setup.. I just read that it has in-frames. It just seems like there's a lack of information about this new motor given all the hype it had a month or so ago.

I think I remember you saying you ran it once and it needed more swingarm? How did it feel in comparison to your Redline motor?