Crossover tube/ boost bottle diameter?

91coupemike

Toying with the idea of a carb sync tool.

And I need a place to tap into the motor side of the intake, so I figured where the crossover tube goes would be a good place.

Run hoses from there to a bottle filled with water and adjust air screws and throttle cable until it equalizes.

Anyone done with with a banshee? I got the idea from a YouTube video from a guy with some snow machines.

Why not just eye ball them?? Or buy some from FAST. I've never used anything to sync carbs on anything carbureted I know, but then again nothing I have runs worth a shit either.

Yea, I have always ey eballed and its been ok for me.  Its never been perfect, Im sure. Ohh well its been good enough lol.

Well shit if it's eyeball able I'll just eye ball it, I was under the impression it needed to be perfect lol

Shop wants to charge $175 to sync and jet my carbs. My gut tells me I can do it cheaper.

My gut tells me the shop will just have a pro Eyeball it......
  • Like 1

I synched by feel and eye at first, then a buddy recommended the synch tool from FAST.

I was pretty surprised at how precise it made things. A tweak one way or another that was very hard to see or feel would be very obvious on the synch tool.

IMO, if want to be dialed in the synch tool is worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If you're mechanical, you should be able to get it close by eye. But syncing with a vacume gauge, or fast tool is the most accurate. Otherwise you can check things with feeler gauges to see if slide height is even and that they are initiating the stroke evenly. Also make sure they are actually opening to WOT. You would be surprised how many guys put big carbs on and ask why it's not performing they way they expected. Come to find out they aren't even opening past the needle.