whats best way to remove pc from engine gasket surfaces?

jcam

Razor blade is a no go? Did you let someone powder your stuff and they didn't have the decency to mask mating surfaces? Maybe try some aircraft stripper, but it'll ruin any powder it touches. So if it runs over the edge of the surface it can get dicey quick.

Damn.  You guys are crafty when it comes to removing this stuff.  Haha!

Honestly.  You can remove powder coat with any kind of harsh chemical and lots of elbow grease.  And by elbow grease.  I mean it could take weeks.  Ha!  That....to me atleast is not a good way to strip powder coat.  

An oxyacetyline torch is probably the best way I do it.  But after wards it goes right into the sand blaster.  If you do use a torch.  Just like over running the chemical strippers.  You can kiss the rest of the powder good bye.  

Aircraft stripper DOES work.  But there are different grades of aircraft stripper.  The stuff in the can.  Can't shake a stick at some of the stuff you have to have a business license to even get a hold of.  

My thoughts on this.  Take it back to the guy that did the powder.  Make a deal with him and make him redo it all for a reduced fee.  Because chances are he wont strip it and re shoot it all for free.  Sorry this happened to you man.  What a waste.