Right light very dim

ETR174

Ok. Dad has this covered.

LOL I told you ask Dad. LOL

I'll let you two chase this down.

But I would like to hear what the lumen levels were.

Well actually I did ask him and he said bad ground so that's why I kept saying that.

Most likely the same thing. My stock bulbs did the same thing and I put my Tusk ones in today's and this happened.

Ok, well that settles that then.  And i dont want to step on windys toes, but you really dont want a lumen meter.  I mean you can go that route but lumens will only tell you so much when diagnosing a lighting issue.  You really need to check lux.  Its a more specific test.

Yep. If it isn't in the bulbs...it's for sure in the safety system.

If you had the full TORS in place, the motor wouldn't even fire.

But with it bypassed, there is no longer a protection system in place. I'm thinking the stator is 1/2 cooked at least. Ignition wil not fire at full strenght. This will limit the need for fuel. (This explains the previous jetting anomaly. )

I think when you get back into town it's time to do a leakdown test on that motor.

If it passes.....there is a bigger internal issue.

Get the case sealer ready.....

Yep. If it isn't in the bulbs...it's for sure in the safety system.

If you had the full TORS in place, the motor wouldn't even fire.

But with it bypassed, there is no longer a protection system in place. I'm thinking the stator is 1/2 cooked at least. Ignition wil not fire at full strenght. This will limit the need for fuel. (This explains the previous jetting anomaly. )

I think when you get back into town it's time to do a leakdown test on that motor.

If it passes.....there is a bigger internal issue.

Get the case sealer ready.....

But why just all of a sudden? Old owner says he's used the 180's for a long time. The ignition is fine, fires up first kick all the time.

Ok, well that settles that then. And i dont want to step on windys toes, but you really dont want a lumen meter. I mean you can go that route but lumens will only tell you so much when diagnosing a lighting issue. You really need to check lux. Its a more specific test.

^^^Technically true......

But that link I posted has the lumen testor for under $20.

A LUX tester is big money. In the big picture, if he tears into the motor next week.....the lumen tester will at least be close enough and cheap.

Not trying to argue Rubberneck. You are correct. But he's young and on a budget.

Besides, I'm sure his Dad is versed on all this.

• Like 1

But why just all of a sudden? Old owner says he's used the 180's for a long time. The ignition is fine, fires up first kick all the time.

I'm not going down the jetting road again.

Once you solve the internal motor issue, the jetting needs will skyrocket. (As will your power)

But it sounds like sooner or later you have some work ahead of you.

Depends on how much damage has been done and how soon you fix it......

^^^Technically true......

But that link I posted has the lumen testor for under $20.

A LUX tester is big money. In the big picture, if he tears into the motor next week.....the lumen tester will at least be close enough and cheap.

Not trying to argue Rubberneck. You are correct. But he's young and on a budget.

Besides, I'm sure his Dad is versed on all this.

Fair enough i didnt know he was young and on a budget, i was kind of late to the party and didnt read the first few pages of this thread

Ok well I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm not saying I don't want your advice but before I go and tear the motor apart I want to try soldering those connections together to see if it works. I'll hook my multimeter up too to make sure it is getting the correct amps and voltage.

.........ok.