Right light very dim

ETR174

Lmao how the fuck does that work? There's one stator and I thought both rods are on the same crank soooo

Yamaha built the diagnostic timing light system right into the bikes lighting circuit.

All full RPM if one light is dim you know you have a motor problem. (It's a warning system that is usually tied to the TORS system, but when you unplug the TORS….you lose the safety shut-off.)

Test to see if you are getting 36.5 lumens out of either light.  (Spec is 36.5 to 37.2)

It's important to note if one is UNDER spec of if the other is just OVER spec. DON'T REV THE MOTOR TILL IT IS SOLVED! Just start the bike and let it idle while you test it.

Yamaha built the diagnostic timing light system right into the bikes lighting circuit.

All full RPM if one light is dim you know you have a motor problem. (It's a warning system that is usually tied to the TORS system, but when you unplug the TORS….you lose the safety shut-off.)

Test to see if you are getting 36.5 lumens out of either light. (Spec is 36.5 to 37.2)

It's important to note if one is UNDER spec of if the other is just OVER spec. DON'T REV THE MOTOR TILL IT IS SOLVED! Just start the bike and let it idle while you test it.

This may sounds stupid but how do you check the lumens?

Dude I'm sure its just the wiring. I think I fucked up and put the negative cable with the engine stop on 1 side of the connector and the headlight negative on the other side and its not contacting good enough.

174980195a971dd6a22b10793503d249.jpg

Edited by ETR174

Dude I'm sure its just the wiring. I think I fucked up and put the negative cable with the engine stop on 1 side of the connector and the headlight negative on the other side and its not contacting good enough.

174980195a971dd6a22b10793503d249.jpg

I'm not spoon feeding you help anymore.

I look up the specs on your timing diagnostic and post all the info for you and YOU wanna think it's a connector.

Next you will want everyone to do the leg work to get you a lumen syncing tool.

Just tape a flashlight to your hard and go ride.

Wear some good shoes……you might be walking quite a bit.

DON'T COME ON HERE ASKING FOR STATOR ADVICE WHEN THAT ISSUE COOKS THE IGNITION PULSE CHIP IN YOUR STATORS MODULATION RELAY!

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

Well it never did this until I removed TORS and redid the wiring.

What did I tell you????? When you remove the TORS….you LOSE THE SAFTEY SHUT-OFF!  banghead

Here! -> -> -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321353991931?lpid=82

Get with the program son.

I'm not spoon feeding you help anymore.

I look up the specs on your timing diagnostic and post all the info for you and YOU wanna think it's a connector.

Next you will want everyone to do the leg work to get you a lumen syncing tool.

Just tape a flashlight to your hard and go ride.

Wear some good shoes……you might be walking quite a bit.

DON'T COME ON HERE ASKING FOR STATOR ADVICE WHEN THAT ISSUE COOKS THE IGNITION PULSE CHIP IN YOUR STATORS MODULATION RELAY!

Dude I'm not trying to piss you off. If I did have the lights on and I rode hard how long do you think it would take for the stator to go out? When I was at the dunes I had my lights on dim for at least 2 hours for a couple of days I was on it and there were no issues. I noticed the bulb was very dim but I needed the other bulb to see so I left it on.

Dude I'm not trying to piss you off. If I did have the lights on and I rode hard how long do you think it would take for the stator to go out? When I was at the dunes I had my lights on dim for at least 2 hours for a couple of days I was on it and there were no issues. I noticed the bulb was very dim but I needed the other bulb to see so I left it on.

Dude you pissed off Windy and that's just plain wrong when he's trying to help you.

Shits probably already toast.  Mixing up grounds is a bad idea because you never want to reverse the flow of electrons in a circuit as sensitive as a banshee wiring system.  Personally i would run a separate ground for every device on the bike.