Right light very dim

ETR174

The lights start showing different brightness to warn you of internal variances with how the motor is running.

(Obviously there is an issue…..not to rub it in…but we were really questioning your jetting previously. This is proof we were onto an internal motor issue before you even knew it) Maybe now you will park that thing till we get the base issue sorted out. (Yes, this lighting thing is just a symptom. It is WARNING of a bigger issue on the horizon.)

If the problem is with one light getting brighter…..it will continue to get brighter (With the TORS unplugged) till it burns out the bulb.

If the problem is with one build getting dimmer…..it will continue to get dimmer until the ignition pulse chip cooks.

I'm not sure how long that takes because MOST of the time people ride with the lights OFF and never notice that the timing light diagnostic system is showing them a problem. (Most have lights off and just ride till the stator is cooked.)

OR….they have the TORS plugged in and it kills the ignition to the motor as a safety shut off.

This is mainly the reason that we go to the trouble of doing the DC conversion and running a battery.  When you float the ground it isolates the ignition side of the stator and prevents the stator from cooking down in the event that the crank begins to come apart. Being able to run brighter lights is just an added bonus.  Of course you are eliminating all diagnostic safety features built into the stock setup.  You have to decide what is more important to you

Keep in mind this method requires 3 separate start stop cycles.

My bad I forgot to add that.

Start quad count flashes but only for 5 seconds them turn off quad.

Repeat 3 times for solid number.

Google

I have the Yamaha factory diagnostic service manual somewhere in the shop.

I could find it and then we would have all the light pulse codes to reference.

But none of it will be useable till we have a baseline lumen reading from each light.

Ok. Dad has this covered.

LOL I told you ask Dad. LOL

I'll let you two chase this down.

But I would like to hear what the lumen levels were.

• Like 2

you know what before you go through all that hassle try running out and switching the bulbs from side to side and see which one is dull and which one is bright after that.

Most likely the same thing. My stock bulbs did the same thing and I put my Tusk ones in today's and this happened.