EFI kit - How much legit interest?

Let's ad fuel to the fire. Would be kool to have an auto-tune capable system like Holley is making nowadays. Just throw in the target Afr you want on the map and let the ecu handle the fueling.

Tuner studio has an auto tune function to it where you write an Afr table and it will modify your ve table to suit. However, you must be lean enough where you won't foul the 02 sensor so some initial rough tuning must be done the old fashioned way by feel and plugs. Since you can change fuel amounts while its running, its super quick to see if you went the right or wrong way with a tweak.

I'll discuss more when I'm not typing on a phone.

Pictures don't tell me much about it, other than what I can see. I'd like to know turbo specs, motor specs, etc. I see that it is a blow through setup with a fuel pump and boost referenced fpr. I'm curious to see how a turbo banshee will run with efi.

Apologies to the op. I'm not trying to jack your thread. Some questions were raised when n2o disagreed with my belief of a turbo banshee being finicky due to the design of 2 stroke. If it wasn't finicky and ran good with blow through, why all of the interest in efi n2o?

For seamless boost changes. If you setup the bike right, use good components, get the tune right at a conservative pressure the damn thing never skipped a beat. It would bracket race in the 80s pass after pass. HOWEVER, that's not my style. We would up the boost and up the nitrous every pass. So each time you had to make a good calculated guess at the fuel. Sometime right, sometimes wrong. You don't always get a ton of passes to fine tune what setup you had, and as the day goes on the bike would need to be faster. Motor was a bone stock 350. Stock everything.

I'm in for a boosted setup. Let's dumb it down for the first one. Stay with a twin, 22ish psi. When you talk manifold, it needs to use same pattern/angle as an oem cyld?

It wouldn't have to be the same reed cage pattern. What do all the big cylinders use? cr/yz250 right? Once the common 2 or 3 reed cages patterns are identified, would just be a case of making the aluminum adapter manifold the right pattern for whatever you have. For small run stuff like this, its cheaper to CNC vs paying someone like UPP to make molds and mold custom boots. 

How would the ignition work on the triple? cylinders fire every 120 not 180. getting interested. Just not sold yet

Microsquirt can do up to 4 ignition channels so you're covered there, but it only has 2 injector channels. So to be able to do sequential fuel injector control, you would have to step up to a MS3 unit. The MS3 is $300 more than a microsquirt, but if you have a turbo triple that's a drop in the bucket. 

How does fuel consumption compare to a carb engine?

In theory it should get slightly better as you can lean out your light load areas. WFO consumption is going to stay the same as you're still targeting the same A/F ratio. 

For seamless boost changes. If you setup the bike right, use good components, get the tune right at a conservative pressure the damn thing never skipped a beat. It would bracket race in the 80s pass after pass. HOWEVER, that's not my style. We would up the boost and up the nitrous every pass. So each time you had to make a good calculated guess at the fuel. Sometime right, sometimes wrong. You don't always get a ton of passes to fine tune what setup you had, and as the day goes on the bike would need to be faster. Motor was a bone stock 350. Stock everything.

Bingo. Whipping out the laptop for a datalog and subsequent map tweaking is much faster than changing jets. Timing will be adjusted with boost, etc, etc. 

No reason to nay say EFI. If it costs to much for you, then friggoff. Cost is the only down side. So get another job or tell your wife that if she really loved you, she'd start hooking for banshee parts.

The benefits are insurmountable! Trail guys who are just plain fucking clueless. Buy the kit. Pay a shop that has a dyno and knowledge of EFI to set it up and just ride the hell out of it. Guys who venture in to boost..... Fellas like me who ice race. Shit the temp drops almost 20-30 degrees at 4-5 o'clock once the sun goes down. People who ride different dunes all the time, meaning different jetting due to elevation, some times temp. The list just goes. Once you have a bike that is pretty heavily modified, you are tuning a little bit every time there is a change in elevation, temp, bar. Pressure, season, weather, etc. So if you just data log and tune for target ratio, you can save different curves for all those different conditions. The first season would be total work investment, but after that just pull up to Milan. Load last years tune. Check weather and compensate for differences and done. The guy next to you just now got the tool box out.

Tricked is right. And compared to what people spend on motor builds, hand coned pipes, billet carbs, etc, it's not bad at all.

Here's the current throttle response in second. It's still pig rich as plugs are wet when I pull them out. I have maybe 2 hours into tuning at this point. I know I spent more time tuning carbs with less impressive results haha.

Been talking back and forth with a few people, looks like 2 main setups are needed here. The R6 bodies I used are 38mm, but a few guys with 485+cc motors want bigger. I'm going to come up with a second TB option in the 42-46mm range, looking like a GSXR750 is the likely candidate. 

Heard the Tyson Racing builds turbo 450's and actually heard that they built one of the only turbo banshee's that actually stayed together.  Now with the being said i think what i heard was the banshee was on stock cylinder, so makes some real power and go like 10mil or something bigger with EFI and a Tyson Racing turbo kit, if it stay together i dont think any other banshee would touch it.

• 1 month later...

Cad drawings and some TB's for mockup have been sent to Mattoon and should have some adapter plates in short order for the R6 to stock reed cage pattern. 

I'm going to do a second set of adapter plates for buys with big motors. So tell me now; what reed cage pattern and what size TB do you want?

I'm only looking to do 2 options, 38mm R6 units for stock reed pattern, and a big setup for the crazy guys.