EFI kit - How much legit interest?

If this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it Tyler. 

Ok, so now that I got my bike running on EFI, how much legit interest is there in a semi diy kit? This is for real, no zilla promises here. I've had a few people contact me and if there's enough, I'll work with other vendors to supply some of the fabbed parts and make a kit in under 2 years. 

Kit would consist of;

-Modded throttle bodies with injectors, new manifold boots

-KN filters with outerwears

-Billet intake manifold from whoever wants to mill it. Going to reach out to Mattoon and Chariot and see who's interested. 

-Microsquirt unit pre loaded with base file to get it running

-Waterproof relays

-LS Coils, pigtails, bulk plug wire, and ends

-CTS, IAT, and MAP sensors with pigtails

-Electrical and vacuum diagrams

-Small AGM battery

-Battery box/ecu mount from JD's

-Fuel pump, fuel line, and filter

-Stock flywheel with 36-1 trigger wheel installed. Would be an exchange basis. 

-Optional flex fuel sensor 

-Normally open kill tether

-Innovate LC-1 wideband

-Technical support

-New fuel petcock with integrated return setup. Will eliminate reserve feature, sorry. 

End user would be responsible for sourcing Suzuki LTR450 throttle housing and throttle cable, putting 02 bung in pipes, DC conversion (100+W stator recommended), and connecting wires according to labels and included diagrams. 

As for cost, looking at roughly $1400 to your door for everything above, hopefully less if deals can be made. If you want to source any of your own parts to save money, feel free. 

Would look something like this

32093B23-orig_zps37de8b8d.jpg

So, is there enough interest for me to send drawings to get quotes for milling an intake?

The only reason IMO to use such a product is if it can be used in a boosted application.

Let's be real, if you aren't smart enough to make carbs work you aren't smart enough to build fuel programs on an EFI setup!

Myself, yes. If there is parameters within the programming that will allow boost then I'm interested.

• Like 1

Better question, how's it run? Been on the dyno to see any gains?

Hard to measure gains on a completely new motor setup. It rips ass better than my old setup did that's for sure. Major benefit here for non boosted guys is once it's tuned, you never touch it for weather, elevation, or running e85. 

The only reason IMO to use such a product is if it can be used in a boosted application.

Let's be real, if you aren't smart enough to make carbs work you aren't smart enough to build fuel programs on an EFI setup!

Myself, yes. If there is parameters within the programming that will allow boost then I'm interested.

Yup, just tell my how much boost you want to run and I'll supply the correct map sensor and set up the ecu for it. You're supported up to 44psi on a 4 bar. 

like n20 said if you can make it work in a boosted application then people will be interested. the turbo bikes make amazing power but guys seem to get tired of inconsistent passes.  potentially a game changer if you could get it to make predictable and reliable back to back passes.

Have any videos of it running and or you riding it? Seems like a lot of time and money and not much gain. It would be awesome for boost, but a simple draw through setup with a carb would probably work just as well. What would the potential cost of a setup like this be? Megasquirt ecu?

Is this limited to a twin or do can you make it work on a triple? What is your background in boosted applications? Can I expect some tune help after purchase? Rough idea on price?

Triple wouldn't be a problem, just a touch more work on your end as some custom spacers between TB's might need to be made up and obviously larger injectors and fuel pump.  If you have different than stock reed cage pattern would also require a new manifold, but that pattern should already be in cad from either mattoon or chariot if it's something common. Just would run two of the coils as a pair with one wasted and third on it's own. Wouldn't be much additional cost, maybe 300-400.

I don't deal with boosted banshees often, but mess with a turbo or two. 

turbo2_zpsce73a542.jpg

turbo_zps03a3fd8e.jpg

like n20 said if you can make it work in a boosted application then people will be interested. the turbo bikes make amazing power but guys seem to get tired of inconsistent passes.  potentially a game changer if you could get it to make predictable and reliable back to back passes.

Boosted isn't an issue as stated earlier. Very easy to add. 

Have any videos of it running and or you riding it? Seems like a lot of time and money and not much gain. It would be awesome for boost, but a simple draw through setup with a carb would probably work just as well. What would the potential cost of a setup like this be? Megasquirt ecu?

Draw through carb has all kinds of odd quirks that don't help turbo finicky bikes. Not even going to discuss. 

Read above for approx cost and ecu type. People spend way more money on way sillier things for less power gains. Look in my build thread in images forum for videos of it running.