Top Speed Estimate?

screamin'twin

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just took my bike out and wound it out in 6th...it does 168 mph

Duece, didn't I tell you that you may need to gear up on that 12 port for better top-end?...Jim

i just took my bike out and wound it out in 6th...it does 168 mph

Duece, didn't I tell you that you may need to gear up on that 12 port for better top-end?...Jim

well what i did was put my 40 tooth renthal on the front and my 15 tooth counter on the back.....i had to modify my case a bit but, hey what the hell, i got clocked at 76mph in first gear, but what im wondering is how come i cant climb hills? i tried to ride up my driveway and couldnt......Jim you said my bike would have "Tons of Bottom" i would think 80hp would get the fucker up the driveway, wouldnt you?........

my `98 shee has, 14/37 gearing, front tires sizes 145-10, rear tire sizes 20x11-9, standard NGK B8ES spark plugs, the speed limiter srew is off, 2 mikuni carbs and a twist throtle. there you go. its pretty standard but its fast.i dont have sheep on my farm just machines....but there was sheep and i went throo them like a hot knife throo butter!! i dont care what you say about me and my quad but i love that machine. it does what it does and thats all i want out of it.

I wonder if he goes through pistons like he does his sheep with that gearing.......your quad is still slow man! 140 mph and an ET of 4.68 in the 1/8 here and 179 in the 1/4 with an ET of 8.1, now all I did was add a half bottle of 104 (octane boost) before riding, along with 8 ounces of oil per gallon......I figured if he could tell one, I could tell one bigger........LOL

my `98 shee has, 14/37 gearing, front tires sizes 145-10, rear tire sizes 20x11-9, standard NGK B8ES spark plugs, the speed limiter srew is off, 2 mikuni carbs and a twist throtle. there you go. its pretty standard but its fast.i dont have sheep on my farm just machines....but there was sheep and i went throo them like a hot knife throo butter!! i dont care what you say about me and my quad but i love that machine. it does what it does and thats all i want out of it.

then my friend the law of physics is holding you back. no way in hell your doing 120 mph with a 14 tooth.that is unless your buddy in the turbo fiesta is towing you.turbo fiesta?did i actually type that? OH I M SORRY, THE SPEED LIMITER SCREW IS OFF,THAT EXPLAINS IT! let me ask you this, does it get cold riding in a kilt?do your bagpipes get in the way when riding through the woods?

Tit we are all just razing ya, and beleave me on a quad wound up tight at even 80mph feels like 120.......but as we all have said it takes real tall gears to achive those speeds and then lots of horse power to pull them.....if you put a 18 up front and a 32 on the rear you could go 120, but with your motor every time you shifted to 4th it would fall off then youd have to slam it back into third wind it back up and that cycle would go on and on, youd never see 6th gear.....and you mentioned NYUK draggin and only going 111mph you do realize thats in a quarter mile, if he took it out on the interstate and wound it up A: he'd kill himself and B: go well over 120mph and C: be the craziest fucker ive ever talked to.....