cr 250 vs banshee.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

most modern 250's are about 45hp. give or take alittle depending which bike it is. properly built with methanol you should get close to 70hp. that would give alot of banshees a run for their money. bikes are generally lighter also

What?????? Most 250's make 45HP?????

I'll allow a deeper explanation before commenting further.

ive got a gopro knock off but keep forgetting it. id like to take one through the trails, we have some pretty interesting encounters, for instance my friends dirtbike chain popping off on me halfway up a hill and me doing a couple flips before catching myself.. and ya there was a 700 there this weekend, didn't race him though.

What?????? Most 250's make 45HP?????

I'll allow a deeper explanation before commenting further.

theres video on youtube. LED ran one and it did 45hp, video is on youtube. im sure theres alot of videos if you look around. its no secret the modern 250 bikes were 45hp at the wheel. the ktm is supposedly slightly higher, 2-3hp more. i talked with a kart guy that built a cr250 just over 65hp on race gas. seen the dyno paper but i didnt ask where the power was measured. might of been at the transmission output shaft or at the kart wheels. ill ask next time i talk to him