Beating Kfx 450 2 through 4

??? Am I starting wrong???

Tapatalk

To be honest, it's quite possible that you are doing it wrong. Some guys like to just grip the clutch and rev it up till the go signal. Then they dump the clutch and crack the throttle wide open. This usually results in wheel spin on most bikes not set up for drag or hill shooting. I.E., your bike. Here is where two different methods are used to control wheel spin with that kinda start. Both are wrong and I'll tell you why. First being, the guy who starts to chop or roll the throttle to control wheel spin or wheelies. The problem is the bike is in the rev off the line so that it is in the RPM range where the bike makes power. Now you start letting off the throttle and the revs fall, even worse on a two stroke. Good luck leaving the line on the pipe, letting out and trying to get back on with the bike loaded up. The second. The guy who thinks that he can use the clutch lever to control the bike after going from a full grip to a dump. The bike leaves and is wound up after you let out of the clutch and then you realize "oh shit front is coming up". So you grab the clutch a bit and try to find the sweet spot. Yeah you got the front down but now the momentum is lost and you're in second place trying to get the bike back on the pipe. Same goes for wheel spin. If the bike is spinning and you grab the clutch again the motor takes off and the tires slow. Then you let out and the bike either comes up, bogs, or blows the tire off. This is because once you fully dump the clutch it's nearly impossible to feather it back to its sweet spot. A lot of guys say they can dump a clutch then start to feather it but there is no way it works as well as the way I'll explain.

Here is the proper way to take the hole shot or drag with out using a tuned lock up. You need to get the bike in to your starting gear (second for trail/Moto bikes) and instead of gripping the clutch and waiting to fully dump it, you need to get the bike reved to where there is power and apply the front brake(some Moto guys use the rear but then it ruins reaction and drags the caliper). Slowly start to feather the clutch out so that the bike is pulling against the brake. Once you get the signal, DO NOT just dump the clutch. Simultaneously go full throttle and begin easing the clutch out. If you have to go back and forth on the lever you've gone wrong and there is probably no saving it. Not in a close race any way. You should be easing it out slowly through the launch gear just enough to keep from spinning and lifting the front to high.

Keep your body straight up when you find where your set up likes your weight. Some guys sit on the tire and can ride through the wheelie while others put there nuts on the tank. Regardless that hunched over thing does nothing on the start. When you can be focused enough to control posture you are usually relaxed enough to control the throttle and clutch the way it should be done

• Like 2

Well I hope cause I was killt when he won 2/3 times only thing I wasn't doin was Holden the front break kinda like a line lock that's what I took it ass when u was tellin me how to holeshot but on that note I can't wait to try again same day my buddy had a raptor an I pulled on him I'd say from how heavy the quad itself is Idk my opinion I was still heated made them have a big head lol

Tapatalk

Where are you located at Josh?