Broken piston on right bank

I thought somewhere I read a piston number the OP put up that led me to believe it was a 64mm.

You say it ran soooo great but its backing plugs out and melted down! Whats your overall set up? What pipes? WHAT CARBS AND JETS? Timing? Fuel? Compression before melt down?

Make absolute sure you or the builder do a leakdown test on this motor after rebuild. Man you have so many variables, this may not be a.good motor to learn how to rebuild on. At the minimum, send it out and get it checked over and have that builder send it back with the new parts you need to put it back together. It wont cost much to send a crank and top end to somebody!

"Blaster pistons (Wiseco 573M6800) have a different dome angle than the WSM.

So make sure you have a set of domes cut for the WSM piston dome, NOT the wiseco dome."

and "as they all said it depends on what piston your motor is using now. If its a blaster piston you are using the banshee piston will be completely wrong. Those two pistons have a different pin to crown height as well as degree dome. With the WSMs also make sure you gap the rings, they might only be 5 to 8 thous, I gap mine .012".

getting the info from http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125543

I'm calling WSM tomorrow to verify all specs of the pistons. That way I can get domes to match. Once I get specs I may even change over I weisco and domes to match the weisco. I haven't decided yet. I'll prolly stick with WSM. All comes down to the almighty dollar.

This has gotten ridiculous... Texas2stroke I see youre a new member here, some of the guys on here have a ton of knowledge and can help you out immensely as long as you listen to their advice... call a builder doesn't matter who every site sponsor has their own loyal following on here so they are all pretty good choices and send your stuff out and have them spec it all and give you a laundry list of things you need... IDK your background experience with motors but the banshee can be a temperamental bit#@ some times and can screw you up if your not familiar with this particular machine .... my .02

• Like 1

Got the cases split today. Not much debris from the broken piston skirt in the crankcase thank god!!! Removed crank and inspected all bearings. They checked out good. Thank god again!!! So a good clean up and new seals is in order. So when I was talking to the guy at Vito's, he was telling me to go with 21 or 22 cc domes. It was detonating because the 19cc domes require 110 octane fuel. Which I had no idea what was in the engine when I bought the bike. I want to run it off of premium pump gas. What would y'all recommend?

I can't afford to send the engine off to a builder. I'm a competent mechanic though, I also can't afford to change the engine specs. I checked the crank by spraying B12 in the bearings to clear out all oil, followed up by compressed air. Then felt for excessive play. Con rod bearings were good to go. Measurements were all in spec as per the manual. No discoloration and no galling.