Cub cyl nuts

You can also veey easily clearance the cub cyl to fit your wrench. A dremel and a carbide. It actually takes very little. Then no matter what box end wrench you use all is cool. You cant even tell if you do it neatly.

I'd have liked to know about how tight this area was before I painted my cyls... I would have cleaned up the area first!!  I just ground the washer part of the stock nut down and it fit's great.  Home Depot 12mm $2.49 wrench was the perfect candidate to use as a donor wrench to grind to fit.  All is good, I got my torque on....

What am I missing? I just buy the 12pt arp nuts and my craftsman wrench has no problem getting it tight. Only issue I see is the torque specs but that's easy. Just don't put too much MAN on it.

Not all castings are the same. Some are so tight you can barely get any nut on there. Others have plenty of room. Some require you to put the nut on as your dropping the cylinder on because once the cylinder is on the gasket…you can't fit the nut over the top of the stud. Each casting offers it's own level of custom creativity. This shit ain't for the weak willed people. I cut box ends off 2 different wrenches and welded them to a center socket to make my own custom torque extension for the 2 different nuts my motor is using. My 12 point still needed to be ground almost to nothing on one side.