stretching a banshee frame

I personally don't think this project is worth doing, but if you want to do it, by all means go for it.

You're going to need some pretty good fab skills to get it done correctly.

Where do you plan to make the stretch at?

You're going to need the motor for mock up.

Does this motor have a drive sprocket or what?

No ill have to put the jackshaft out of the sled in it and run a sprocket off of the jackshaft. Im not looking to extend the frame a whole lot. Maybe a couple feet. Also extending the swingarm.

Wont be wasting any money. Have everything to do it. Itll get done. Iand if a sled motor wasnt meant to be out in a fourwheeler frame there wouldnt be so many people that have done it

There aren't many people that have done it successfully. I have seen A LOT of snomo bikes, not many of them are that impressive.

There aren't many people that have done it successfully. I have seen A LOT of snomo bikes, not many of them are that impressive.

While they can be done right and be incredibly fast, they are also very heavy. I agree with it just not being worth it. I saw a trx250r that was a 431 puma on a full fledged drag frame and a stock frame trx450r outrun 3 sled bikes all 900cc plus. A correctly setup banshee engine on the right frame will fly. My personal oppinion your money would be better spent turning your banshee frame into a newer version if what it already is.

If you wanna do the sled swap go for it, just remember pipes alone are gonna be a pretty penny - and if you do your research you'll know that using the original sled pipes are a no go, they will take considerable modification to fit and make no power to benefit the time

He's got the parts, so it will get built with what he has. (It's like guys who put a Vega body on a chevy K5 chassis…..you ask why and they say….cause that's what I had sitting in the back yard.)

• Like 1

He's got the parts, so it will get built with what he has. (It's like guys who put a Vega body on a chevy K5 chassis…..you ask why and they say….cause that's what I had sitting in the back yard.)

Or my favorite........."because it seemed like a good idea at the time"