Cooling system frustration

Wakendune

So either he hooked me up with a good deal or he hosed me with a 900$ heap of bolts and scrap. Every bike I have ever had has been a money pit in some way so I'm somewhat prepared. If it turns out to be a pile, at least I can get out of it. I found a more recent recipt of a $1500 top to bottom build with crank, rods, bored cylinders and pistons from 2002. So I guess it has more than just the trinity heads and turbo domes. Hopefully I get a chance to do a few tests in the next couple days. Should I just order top end gasket and o ring kit from trinity or get just the o rings and get another gasket set? I understand that it's the concensus that trinity is junk but it's what I have to work with so I appreciate your help and patience with me as I work through this.

O-rings are for a cool head.

Head gaskets are for stock head.

Trinity is for  banghead

Don't order stuff from them.

$900 for an entire bike? You ever see that movie "The Ring"?……….I think he sent you a copy of the tape!  :unsure:

All right, I'm just gonna ignore you from here on out. Thanks for your negative input.

:jesterlaugh:  Best input on the topic your going to get. 

I'm not TRYING to be negative…..the facts just sound that way. (Why does everyone want to kill the messenger?) :shrugani:

Maybe instead of trying to help you diagnose an issue and work it out before the problem gets bigger…….maybe I'll just say...

$900 for a running Banshee!?!?!?! :whoa:​  Awesome deal dude!  :clap: You STOLE it from him! Sounds like it was built years ago…so I'm sure it's fine. Top that bitch off on fuel and go rip that thing!

All right, I'm just gonna ignore you from here on out. Thanks for your negative input.

I agree with Windy about 4% of the time here on BansheeHQ, but you're just being a fucking baby.

He's trying to help you with something he actually knows quite a bit about and you're throwing up the boohoos and taking your ball and going home.

Grow the fuck up.

Is what your referring to as your trinity heads actually the cylinders ? Or an actual trinity billet head ? If it is in fact a billet trinity brand head best thing you can do is ditch it even if its for a stocker. Since referring to your setup having turbo domes I suspect you may have a modded stock head on trinity ported cyls and if so a simple $10 oem head gasket should get you going.

Whole thing rebuilt in 2002……………….…..That shit is FRESH! 

:shootself:

I'd help more but, first we'll solve this problem……..then next it'll be a tutorial on jetting. And so on and so on…..

Trade that thing for a 4 stroke with EFI and electric start. They are like cars…..you just add fuel and ride till they break and you tow them to a mechanic. Sounds like your speed.

Turbo domes…..FFS  -_-

I found a more recent recipt of a $1500 top to bottom build with crank, rods, bored cylinders and pistons from 2002. 

I got a KID I built in 2002!  :rotflmao:

He at least listens when I try to tell him something…...

Here…..fixed it for ya.

I understand that it's the concensus that trinity is junk but it's what I have to work with. So I appreciate if you would all not make me feel bad about what I have and just be positive and encouraging as I waste my time as well as yours asking endless questions that I don't really want to hear the answers to. In the mean time I'll continue to post more and more symptoms as they appear and despite everyone's suggestions that I replace many of the "Trinity" items…..I will steadfastly resist and justify my poor decisions based on a lack of funds. I continue to ask for your help and patience with me as I work through this.

I agree with Windy about 4% of the time here on BansheeHQ, but you're just being a fucking baby.

He's trying to help you with something he actually knows quite a bit about and you're throwing up the boohoos and taking your ball and going home.

Grow the fuck up.

Windy has given me one piece of information. Trinity is shit. Got it. The rest of his input has been shit talking. That not why I checked in here. It was to get some help with something I, admittedly, know very little about. Just want to ride man.

Windy has given me one piece of information. Trinity is shit. Got it. The rest of his input has been shit talking. That not why I checked in here. It was to get some help with something I, admittedly, know very little about. Just want to ride man.

Well then START by ditching the Trinity head and domes. THAT is the heart of the problem with their stuff. They have a horrible dome design. It actually causes detonation which blows O-rings and head gaskets. They also like to build motors with crazy high compression. (Which blows O-rings and head gaskets)

I understand you wanna ride….but you gotta slow down and solve the problem, not treat a symptom. Otherwise you end up blowing it a second time, washing the piston and cylinders with cool water and warping pistons, sticking rings and the whole motor ends up an aluminum paper weight.

I just want you to understand that "Trinity is all I have to work with" is not a workable game plan. "Trinity is what you have and THAT is what we need to solve." 

I'm not condemning the entire motor. But the heads and domes gotta go. That's not even up for discussion. Keep them and you keep the problem. 

theres a few people on this site to take advise from. You can take windys comments as bashing/negativity but this trinity thing is his area of expertise. I've spoken with him on the phone, and he had no problem helping me out no questions asked. Dude has a wealth of knowledge.

You said it yourself, your new. So sit down, shut up, and take some notes. Don't be so sensitive. Your gonna learn more, spend more money, and waste more time then you ever planned on this website/quad.

• Like 1

Thanks Rob.  :cheers: