nitro methane

jayhawkatv

• 3 weeks later...

i have been running nitro powered RC cars as a side hobby for years now, and i have always thrown around the idea of trying it in my drag quads. if i can get 6-10 gallons of 20/80 nitro/alcohol mix in those, then whose to say you cant make a larger, more well built engine do the same? or even last longer? only thing that has stopped me to this point is the fact that my quads only run race gas at this point and i dont see it worth the switch to an alcohol setup just simply to "try it out"

i have been running nitro powered RC cars as a side hobby for years now, and i have always thrown around the idea of trying it in my drag quads. if i can get 6-10 gallons of 20/80 nitro/alcohol mix in those, then whose to say you cant make a larger, more well built engine do the same? or even last longer? only thing that has stopped me to this point is the fact that my quads only run race gas at this point and i dont see it worth the switch to an alcohol setup just simply to "try it out"

Sounds so simple right?

Stand up.

Now lift your left foot up and grab it with your left hand and hold it up.

Now just do the same thing with your right foot and you'll be floating.

Sounds simple right?

Kinda like thinking nitro is simple.

Sounds so simple right?

Stand up.

Sounds simple right?

LMAO.......

Sounds so simple right?

Stand up.

Sounds simple right?

i was never stating that nitro was simple, i know it is not. nitro is highly corrosive if not purged OFTEN. it can destroy fuel lines fairly easily, loves to rust pistons, and burns HOT to say the least.  that and 20% is going for around 40$ a gallon last time i purchased it.. i was never saying it would be easy to run nitro in a quad, hell its not even easy to run it in the RC cars specifically designed for it. the way i see it though, if challenges were easy, would they still be called a challenge?

You want a challenge? Solve autism or repeal Obamacare.

Nitro in a quad with your level if experience will just drive aluminum costs up nation wide.

• Like 1