auto clutch

Hey guys, I have not been on in a while. I was wondering if there is any companies that make an auto clutch for my shee. I recently had my right arm amputated due to a motorcycle wreck when a woman turned in front of me and I t-boned her at 60mph. I now have to get a left hand throttle and brake, so I figured an auto clutch would make it a lot easier for me. But if nobody makes one, I'll just have it all on one side. Nothing will keep me from riding it. I got it almost 10 years ago when I was 13, it's become like a family member. Lol.

• Like 1

Wow, that's rough! Glad to hear you still have the spirit to ride. Sounds like you have a really nice bike. I would look more into a foot operated clutch and a dunable override. Making the front brakes work should be easy. Get a sport bike hydraulic clutch master and plumb it to the front brakes. Making a left side thumb throttle is going to be a challenge. A twist throttle would get you in real trouble.

Bummer man, I hope you get it straightened out. Lotta fellas out there who have found ways to ride when dealing with a situation like that. I honestly think that as far as the banshee goes you are out of luck on the auto clutch. But you could fab some stuff and have some work done to make it ridable. Or you could trade it for a 4 poke which are easily converted.

Thanks for all the help guys. I figured they did't make one since I searched with no luck. Oh well, I'll figure something out. I really wish I did not have to modify my bikes and trucks just to be able to use them now :( . Plus I'm kinda scared that I won't be able to hold on to the shee like I need to anymore. It's not the fastest out there but still has some wicked acceleration. But I do miss riding it, so I'm going to try it anyway. It's my ultimate stress relief. And trust me, between the wreck and my girlfriend leaving me shortly after, I got some stress to be relieved.

You could tie the front and rear brakes together with a double banjo bolt and a long brake line. But... I doubt if 1 master will push enough fluid to do 3 brakes. Run the lines and try it. Galfer will make custom brake lines any way you want. If that doesn't work, mount a 2nd rear master and weld another tab on the rear brake lever. If you need a delay in 1 of the brakes, slot the hole a bit so the other one starts applying 1st. If you still have too much lockup on the front or rear, you can decrease the braking by cutting away part of the pads, so there isn't as much pad contact area. There is a way to make a balance bar to distribute the percentage of braking between the 2 masters, but I don't think it's that critical.