auto clutch

Why are you guys getting side tracked with shifting ideas? His left foot is fine.

The problem is weather to use his left hand lever as is for clutching or to convert that into a front brake for the best control of the bikes braking. An air shifter would just be one more task for his left hand to deal with while trying to hang on.

Starwriter is on the right track in my opinion with his potential clutching solution.

Careful throttle control with a stock transmission should eliminate the need to mod it. I no clutch mine about 50% of the time while riding aggressive MX type terrain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

An auto clutch isn't going to work. A Banshee doesn't have enough low end torque. Lock it up at a low RPM and it's going to ride like a Polaris Sportsman. Lock it up a a higher RPM and it's going to burn up in the 1st hour. That's why I'm suggesting a foot clutch. Whether you do a combo pedal like I suggested, or have separate brake and clutch pedals.

Want some more ideas?

+2 A arms on the left and stock width arms on the right. Adjust the left rear hub outward and the right rear hub inward. All this to better balance out the center of gravity.

Set up the left front wheel with negative camber and the right with positive camber to make a natural pull to the right to compensate for the rider pulling back in the left side of the bars.

Plumb the front master cylinder to the right front brake so you can drag the right front brake with 1 finger while launching to create even more of a pull to the right. If you do this, plumb the rear master to the rear brake and the left front brake. Under severe braking, this will cause a pull to the left to counteract the rider weight transfer of the rider pushing on the left grip.

Ok thanks again guys. I think I'm going to start with just a left throttle and make both brakes work off the rear brake pedal and see how well it works out. As far as a prosthetic arm goes, I have no control of my arm now, so I don't have one. All of the muscles and nerves were destroyed in the wreck and my surgeon said I will never gain control of it again. He said that in his 17 years of operations, he had never seen a case of nerve and muscle damage as bad as mine. But if I could move my arm back and forth, I could get a prosthetic to push and pull on the bars. But that would be way too convenient, instead I'm stuck with 1/3 of an arm that is completely useless.