+4 crank on stock ported cylinders

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock stroke long rod,795 series pistons, if you wanna keep your set up.

Will their be any gains on that setup? I am using Pro X pistons now.

I am currently running ported stock cylinders, V force 4 reeds, boss intake, stock carbs, cfm box, k&N filters, cool head w/ 22cc domes, T5 pipes, Dynatek ignition set at  curve 2 (Or the one that is supposed to be equivalent to +4).  

as you already know a properly ported 4 mil is the best route. a spacer raises the cylinder giving some duration numbers that are on the high side and also the piston drops well below the openings of both the exhaust and transfers. your already adding 2 mm of down stroke with a 4mm crank , then raising the cylinder 2mm which is going to put the port floors 4mm above the piston at bottom dead center. if your not goin to do it correctly leave it alone and focus on the other areas mentioned.

Edited by dozer

no need to be ignorant....i said to what it was...which was stock...so take the ignorant comments elsewhere....and i completely agree on porting it for the 4mill. i was replacing the crank anyways and decided to do the 4 mil crank and do the porting later.

^ beast huh?

Total beast

as you already know a properly ported 4 mil is the best route. a spacer raises the cylinder giving some duration numbers that are on the high side and also the piston drops well below the openings of both the exhaust and transfers. your already adding 2 mm of down stroke with a 4mm crank , then raising the cylinder 2mm which is going to put the port floors 4mm above the piston at bottom dead center. if your not goin to do it correctly leave it alone and focus on the other areas mentioned.

no need to be ignorant....i said to what it was...which was stock...so take the ignorant comments elsewhere....and i completely agree on porting it for the 4mill. i was replacing the crank anyways and decided to do the 4 mil crank and do the porting later.

^ beast huh?

Total beast

as you already know a properly ported 4 mil is the best route. a spacer raises the cylinder giving some duration numbers that are on the high side and also the piston drops well below the openings of both the exhaust and transfers. your already adding 2 mm of down stroke with a 4mm crank , then raising the cylinder 2mm which is going to put the port floors 4mm above the piston at bottom dead center. if your not goin to do it correctly leave it alone and focus on the other areas mentioned.

I'm not sure you used the word ignorant correctly because from where I'm standing, your last post made you sound pretty ignorant.

Dozer's post was spot on!

The other two guys were poking your ribs.

You need to grow some thicker skin man...

And please forgive my ignorance, but WTF is an "+2 ortega swing arm"?