Banshee wont cold start

drave199

i have a 99 banshee. some mods (exhaust, cool head). i recently had the carbs rebuilt and had the same issues like not idling and no cold start. once it is warm it starts just fine and runs like a beast. i took it to a shop and they said the carbs weren't synced. they synced them and made sure i was jetted right for where i live. now it runs even better and even idles, but still wont cold start.

BTW, compression is good 

any help or advice? 

Edited by drave199

yes i have tried various different ways to attempt to start it.

to be honest i dont know for sure what jets are in it. what i am thinking and have heard is maybe my pilot jets are getting flooded in between rides because it usually some time between each ride. i unfortunately dont ride every weekend.

I would assume your float bowls are on the wrong carb. To operate the choke it must have the float bowl with a cross drilled choke tube hole.

Look at the front if each if your float bowls. One should have a small brass ball pressed in the front if it. This bowl needs to be on your left side or choke side carb.you can look while carbs are on bike.

If this is correct your out of luck. Lol

Well I had the same issue. Took about good 50-60 kicks to start when cold. I checked the compression and it was good so I cleaned the pilots jets with a piece of wire brush and cleaned the carbs with carby cleaner then it started within 2-3 kicks every time.

it gets below zero where im at you have to watch what mixing oil your useing im a huge fan of castor 927 but i can not use it in the winter time because ive been told that below a certain temp. the shit actually will seperate from the gas so that might be something to look into if all else is still failing

if the carbs are clean and everything is where it is supposed to be, and jet sizing is right, you might need to adjust your  air/fuel mixture screws. I would start at about a turn and a half.

^^^ is very true.

How old are your spark plugs?

Do you know how many turns out you have on your airscrews?

It doesn't have to get cold for the 927 to separate. It happened to me after my bike sat a couple of months. You can tell if this is the case by opening the bowl drain and see what comes out.