would i be losing power switching to a single carb?

Aaron109

This will be a shit storm but I have actually made a decent 2/1 set up with a buddy (DomesticBeotch) it's a 4mil stock cylinder bike and originally he had the trinity 2/1 when I met him so we tried it. Junk! So one day I was looking at the junk 440 exciter and heard the manifold fit with a touch of modification so we did it. The intake is actually a very efficient unit and considering it was on a machine with almost 100 more CC's that was made to rev it was worth the try. The total combo is a set of modified BOYHESON Rad valves which were modified to flow a bit more and a 39mm PWK. The thing comes alive almost instantly when you flick the throttle and carries up in to the RPM's pretty well. I would be willing to bet that motor was 65+ hp and we aren't throwing much fuel at it yet as it isn't ported much more then what it took to get it to work with the stroke of the crank.

• Like 1

Great idea do it!!! They are super easy to tune you will love it  :whistling:

But then again, so are twins with the correct tools.

I was being a smart ass! I would much rather tune dual carbs than I would a single. Duals are easy to tune I have had no luck with a single

I was being a smart ass! I would much rather tune dual carbs than I would a single. Duals are easy to tune I have had no luck with a single

So was I my man, so was I.

With the right tools and basic 2-stroke carb tuning knowledge found here and all over the internet anyone should be able to tune twins.

The 2/1 carbs need constant needle and air screw attention. Some idiot will probably tell me I'm wrong, but if you ride more then a few times a season it will. Then again it's gonna come from the expert who just couldn't handle two carbs that will tell me their bike runs just fine with zero changes.