4mm Stroke.

fixitrod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the +4,(preferrably long rod) the first thing that comes to mind is definately porting, without it your just wasting time. Next, a Noss head with appropriate domes for your needs. A set of PJ34's, intake manifold, and v-force reeds with single K&N breather. And a adjustable timing plate or Dyna programable ignition to top it off. Get the porting right and your bike will make more power than you need in any rpm range...aka.. incredible acceleration right off the bottom all the way through bigtime rpm...Jim

My location sort of makes it hard as shipping an entire engine is out of the question.

UPS is worldwide? i shipped my entire motor carbs and all no problem.........

Yup I have used them before for my shocks, a-arms and axle.

Cost around $130US on 4 to 6 week shipping. The faster air freight was crazy

4-6 weeks turned in to 3 months.

So 3 months there, plus 3 months back and add in a few weeks for the work.

Theres no way I could go that long without my bike.

Also I really enjoy working on it, its half the fun for me. By gettin Jim to do the port work then guiding myself through the rest of the easyier stuff it will make it all that more satisfying when it all comes together. Should also learn alot

Jim

How do you feel about mixing big bore with a 4mm.

I've read if I go to 68.5mm bore and a 4mm I can get 428cc and still have an oversize left.

Is boring it worth it or is just the 4mm and the right port job enough

I just want something that is gonna scare the shit outta me.

4-6 weeks turned in to 3 months.

I just want something that is gonna scare the shit outta me.

shiiiit what about fed x, why does it take so long.... fuckk there's international flights everyday from cargo carriers, ive sent master tapes to england on 2 day rates, thats crazy.....and when i get my motor back from jim at passion im hoping to sue him for sending me a motor that will rip my arms from their sockets......see ya in court Jim...lol

id just hop the red eye and show up at his door and go grab a beer while he ports your jugs.....one of jims best atributes is hes not fuckin around, he gets your shit and he whoops it out.......he's done my complete build in right around 4-5 working days, pistons, porting, crank, rods, clutch, impellor, timing plate, carbs, throttle cabling all i have to do is plug it in and boot it over, my bike will have been down about 3 1/2 weeks most of it due to UPS's 5 day shipping...Jim is not a guy to piss down yer shirt and tell ya it's rainin, and his motors are getting first's..... good combo

XTShee, I'm no young pup anymore and any more power than one of my +4's would require a death wish in my opinion..Jim

if you guys dont hear from me again after i get my motor bolted back up, you'll know i died with a smile on my face.........product review, coming soon, Jim at Passion's +4 stroker...stay tuned!!

XTShee, I'm no young pup anymore and any more power than one of my +4's would require a death wish in my opinion..Jim

Sounds like your my man then Jim,

I will give you a pm after the weekend and we can start to throw some ideas around.

Blue hasnt steered me wrong in the past, and judging by some of the other post i've seen u make around here I dont think hes wrong this time either

Sounds like your my man then Jim,

I will give you a pm after the weekend and we can start to throw some ideas around.

Blue hasnt steered me wrong in the past, and judging by some of the other post i've seen u make around here I dont think hes wrong this time either

i think jims your man, XT, he will listen and give you what you want not what he thinks you should have, we tamed my motor (via my domes) since i might wanna take a 50 mile run from my house to dumont, but on race day i can unleash her, ive ridden the "other guys" motor thats why i didnt go with them, i really have never been that impressed, i think jims stroker will give me bottom right off of idle and thats what im looking for, a blistering over revved top end is for dragsters im riding grueling terrain, i want to haul ass till i need to back off, then snap it back on till the next obsticle, i think jim has a good understanding of that.......

duece did you ever buy those custom cut domes from that dude you and Holyman ripped on ??  RKtek I think was his user name....

no i didnt..... turned out the catch was i would have had to buy his head to run his domes and i wasnt about to trash my Noss head for his rubbish, nor my pro design head, both can run davids domes, david just came up with a new dome design im running those on this new motor, should be intresting