4mm Stroke.

fixitrod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duece, dont fool youself, your going to have good grunt off the bottom and a solid seamless pull to mega rpm as well..Jim

i know Jim i cant wait till next week to try this out, but i think you know from all our talks what i was after, all our conversations pertained to bottom end, your motors goin to allow me to jump the gate maybe grab 1 more gear and hold off a bunch of other crazy open class riders, on short shitty rutty outdoor tracks, where there idea of grooming is pissing on the track with a water truck, i dont doubt for a sec this motors going to pull through the top like a son of a bitch and that will be so fun for smokin my pals in a 100 yard dash, but im more looking forward to being able to pull, from nothing to 8 g's lickety split, then have it snap right back up, no clutching no down shifting, ill play with my gears to find that spot, im thinking a 16/38 for starters, that should keep my torque on the floor specially with my full race elka SSD's and -2 swing arm, my shee sits 9"s from the ground and soaks up most everything and corners like a slot car, i might have to strap myself in now......and thanks so much for your great service and fantastic knowledge, and for putting me into the motor I wanted, i dont think i told you but i had a RD-400 also, remember jamming around on that bike in the late 70's? and yours is cherry as fuckk, so is your wife's 200, if you ever wanna part with the 400 port her up and send her my way ill give her a happy home...

From reading this post Deuce I would start with 16/38.  That's what I have always run on my mx shee's.  I was pushing 89hp with my last shee.  I had tons of mid thou.  I had to clutch some, you'll just have to hit the throttle.

Thanks Tat, i was going to simply try a 17/41 over a 15 but Chase73 made an exellent point, with a 17 no more case saver, id hate to throw a chain and ruin all jims handy work by tearing my case up, i doubt ill need to go lower than a 16 but if i do i can allways toss a 15 back on her.....

Jim i forgot to ask you.... should i keep the single K&N with Panties? or go to a foam filter, well you got my whole motor, how did my intakes look running the K&N?.....

I'd like to hear others opinions on that also. I run a k&n and Andy at Grand River Racing recommend I change to a foam for riding in dirt.

Blue Duece, your motor was in pretty good shape, minimal wear at best. Foam filters work really good if oiled well. The gauze is alot tougher and can take alot more abuse. Does outerwear make a pre-filter for a gauze single unit?...that might work best in harsh enviroments. Or maybe a foam pre-filter for a gauze unit?..Jim

I've run the pro design foam filter with the foam prefilter for the last 2 years through some incredibly nasty situations, mudholes, rivers, you name it, i've gone through it.

I got one of those lucky quads that likes the water, and I'm not afraid to rip through it to get through it as fast as possible.

I run it with no lid and every single time I've pulled it off its been clean on the inside. I clean it often and keep it oiled. Just dont stand your 4wheeler up with it on, it'll pour gas through it.

I believe that was my downfall and gave my top end the final heave ho. I rolled my shee on top of myself going down this steep hill, (slow rollover, just a scratch or two) and gas was pouring on me for 10-15 seconds before I could get free enough to shut the gas off, and even longer before I could get it off me and uprighted.

After that I hit a mudhole that probably went over the top of my airbox and I sucked in a little mud/sand water. It wouldnt of happened if my filter was still oiled.

I just wish they'd make an outerwears type filter that I could slip over my foam filter that would resist water and such.

Blue Duece, your motor was in pretty good shape, minimal wear at best.

kool thats not bad for havin a couple hundred hours on her. looks like the fresh K&N for every ride helped out........

You clean your air cleaner before every ride too eh??? After 4 years I had my jugs ported, and the people that did it said the pistons looked great, and the cylinders still had some of the original cross hatch patterns. Nothing like preventative maintanence to save you a headache and a much bigger bill down the road.

Blue Duece, your motor was in pretty good shape, minimal wear at best.

kool thats not bad for havin a couple hundred hours on her. looks like the fresh K&N for every ride helped out........

You clean your air cleaner before every ride too eh??? After 4 years I had my jugs ported, and the people that did it said the pistons looked great, and the cylinders still had some of the original cross hatch patterns. Nothing like preventative maintanence to save you a headache and a much bigger bill down the road.

yep Stan i do, i also wipe my ass after every shit......

Blue Duece, your motor was in pretty good shape, minimal wear at best. Foam filters work really good if oiled well. The gauze is alot tougher and can take alot more abuse. Does outerwear make a pre-filter for a gauze single unit?...that might work best in harsh enviroments. Or maybe a foam pre-filter for a gauze unit?..Jim

fae1e8bc.jpg

fae1e789.jpg

Like this. I have some pretty wild looking porting, the piston windows are also cut to match the porrting. The intakes are all hogged out, running boyesen rad valves and dual flat slide carbs. T5 pipes. I'm not sure what else is done to the motor. I just know from what I've looked over. The head is also milled.

What kind of hp do you think I'm putting out. I know it's alot faster then a ds 650, stock banshee, or a 250r with a big bore cylinder38mm air stryker carb ect. Haven't had the chance to run it against anything else.

I bought it like this (practically stole it)

I clean the filter every so often, just depends on where I'm riding. No problems so far.

Also, you guys should try out some br8evs pluggs. I like them better then the standard br8es.

There you go, thats a good looking filter set-up, although extend those runner tubes to 3.5to 4 inches in length. As for HP, who knows mid 60's maybe depends on how it's done.....Jim