Redline Dyno Shootout

srp

I believe it will all come down to the dome and base gasket thickness (port timing will change) and porting.. I bet depending on a difference in all of those could mean anyone of the pipes could be the best or real close.. its all about getting all parts and what not to work together there will never be one pipe that will be the best for everything IMO..

will be interesting to see thou

I believe it will all come down to the dome and base gasket thickness (port timing will change) and porting.. I bet depending on a difference in all of those could mean anyone of the pipes could be the best or real close.. its all about getting all parts and what not to work together there will never be one pipe that will be the best for everything IMO..

will be interesting to see thou

Go ride your Fiddy! haha

I agree that no 1 pipe will do EVERYTHING better. Gotta pick your poison!

Go ride your Fiddy! haha

I agree that no 1 pipe will do EVERYTHING better. Gotta pick your poison!

I rode the fiddy yesterday for a little over a hr.. just doing wheelies , I had my 10 yr old son on it with me we were trying to do doubles wheelies we could do them for maybe 30-40 ft were gonna keep practicing :)

I rode the fiddy yesterday for a little over a hr.. just doing wheelies , I had my 10 yr old son on it with me we were trying to do doubles wheelies we could do them for maybe 30-40 ft were gonna keep practicing :)

So you and Jeff finally mastered riding double huh?

Friday at the bhq ride a friend, jharader on here i think, rode his 421 cub for the first time with shearers after running cpis for years. He said the topend was all there and more but the midrange was definately flatter. it took him a bit to get used to it doing wheelies.

^^  I'm glad to hear that... I guess I chose wisely then!! 

I hope Loco starts a new thread when they post dyno results, pin it, then close it so it remains clean. 

There will be some that are gonna be unhappy.  Whether it be because of base gasket thickness, dome shape/size, altitude or whatever variable can be imagined, they won't want to accept the results with an open mind.

Me, I'll just be grateful for their hard work!! :clap:  

• Like 1

With every thing that has already been posted-The bottom line is (to me) It would be the best 'controlled' situation for making a comparison. There are sooo many variables to an engine that the door is definitely opened for endless debate! However, taking one engine and fitting a ton of pipes to it can help narrow the characteristics of each pipe.

I liked what was posted earlier about leaving the power numbers off and just graphing the overlays. The valid point to all of (to me) this is to be able to see 'physical' characteristics of the pipes. If you actually know/have the characteristics of your build, (everything included) Then with these donated dyno services, you can (hopefully) get your dollars worth; most for the money, out of a pipe choice.

Without doing the reverse engineering on the pipe in question, I would put more stock into what is to come out of this Dyno day than any of the ambiguous posts that have been posted over and over again!!

"My pipe is the best-FTW. When I bought it and changed from Brand X, I could ride to the moon in 2nd gear!!" Phooey on that crap!!! :)

I'm curious to see how all of this unfolds!! Bottom line, I think everyone should just thank Cam & Tyler for offering up their time and services publicly-In my opinion, take it for what it's worth-take it or leave it, but unless you have a more valid input, or test day, STFU and be appreciative of the donated service!!!

BTW, whether they are accurate (Dyno vs. real world) numbers or not this would be a very useful baseline. They could choose a different angle and take just ONE pipe and modify the engine around it and make a book of different results! Then we could open the 20 page debate for who's porting/build configuration is the best!!!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...