seal behind front sprocket pops out

woofy

Noobie here. When I put case back together I used yamabond! Was fine for a yr. Went to mio mi. over wkend and seal popped out thru tranny fluid everywhere. I took apart and used orange high temp silicone all I had with me and popped out again. has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Im Working do I'll chk back later. Thanks

I have never had this issue personally, but I am guessing that the seal may be warped/ defected or something from the heat of the motor. I would say if you have to split the cases then replace all your seals with some good brand seals.

happened to me couple weeks ago. I ended up putting it back in without any sealant. Yup I know, it sucks. Try having that happen on a freshly built motor, fresh paint all nice and clean and getting oil and sand all over everything.

Edited by salmon_slayer06

no. From what I get out of it..... if you are heating up the trans oil.... from riding long enough to warm it up... the pressure inside the case goes up. It just does... the vent on top of the trans case near the swingarm bolt should let this pressure build up escape or "breathe". If its clogged by dirt or whatever it will find a way to escape. Too much oil could cause this... check level after it has been ridden for long enough to warm up but let it sit for a few minutes to get an accurate reading.

Clean the cases with carb or brake cleaner and make sure their good and dry then put it in a new seal without any sealer.

I agree that the vents need to be checked.

Agreed!

no. From what I get out of it..... if you are heating up the trans oil.... from riding long enough to warm it up... the pressure inside the case goes up. It just does... the vent on top of the trans case near the swingarm bolt should let this pressure build up escape or "breathe". If its clogged by dirt or whatever it will find a way to escape. Too much oil could cause this... check level after it has been ridden for long enough to warm up but let it sit for a few minutes to get an accurate reading.

Ahhh, that's some serious heat build-up then.

I couldnt find any blockage but Im in Michigan and that was Prolly last ride for season. I Gotta put new clutch and freshen up b4 Next yr. I will order OEM seal and chk over everything over winter.I actually have original piston and rings in my 03. But I run the Shit outa it too Lol Thanks everyone for your input. Greatly appreciate it