Carbs to big?

In my opinion they are ok, but it may do a little better with a smaller carb´s. My friend has a stock cylinder, stock stroke Banshee. K&N filters, 34PJ´s, VF3´s, PD coolhead with 20cc domes, +4 timing and Toomey T5´s. No porting, but it runs good.  48 pilots, N8RE (KTM) needles, 152-160 mains.

From my experience putting carbs that size on a stock motor is okay but you are giving away some bottom end by doing that. If you have access to a set of stock carbs throw them on they and see how you like it that way. 

Might be a lil big on non ported jugs but if it runs good then fuck it. If it was ported they will work great. I had 35 pwk on my ported stocker and it was a fuckin animal. Few peeps on this site will vouche for it. I say port it and let her ripp. Why the hell isn't it ported?!! That's like the most amazing mod for these things. After I did it I kicked myself for waiting that long.

• 1 month later...

10 or 15 years ago we stuck 34mm mikuni flatslides on all our bikes , piped , filters/ ported or non ported and rode the hell out of em at the dunes. All we ran back then was pumpgas. Just leave it alone if it runs fine. IMO

the 34's will do just fine. you may have to run a smaller main and/or go up on your timing. you should be able to advance your timing between 7 and 10 degrees. this should compensate for the spongieness on the bottom side and the carbs will take care of the top side.

As in the example Pasi posted, big carbs on an engine that doesnt require them will usually require larger mains due to decreased velocity. My ported 392 cheetah uses 150 mains and is still rich.

That much timing advance is stupid for what he has.

the 34's will do just fine. you may have to run a smaller main and/or go up on your timing. you should be able to advance your timing between 7 and 10 degrees. this should compensate for the spongieness on the bottom side and the carbs will take care of the top side.

Is this Dave as in the last owner of the Rocket pipes?

I guess that amount of timing is doable but its gonna need a dome change or maybe a better fuel.