brake upgrade

Hey guy I've been looking at do something custom but beneficial and I have decided I want brembo calipers!! I've thought it through and this is what I want I first thought yfz 450 duel pistons but I can buy gsxr 1000 calipers from Yamaha cheaper the the yfz ones and input would be great

Hey guy I've been looking at do something custom but beneficial and I have decided I want brembo calipers!! I've thought it through and this is what I want I first thought yfz 450 duel pistons but I can buy gsxr 1000 calipers from Yamaha cheaper the the yfz ones and input would be great

when did yamaha start selling gsxr1000 parts...gl

Like I said I thought about yfz one first it would be easy seeing how there a bolt on but I take pride in a custom piece and I've used brembo before and you really can't beat the quality. Also I'm not looking for super high performance addition to my quad but something better then stock is good enough for me. I do MX so I'm doing alot of upgrading as I go, so a nice set of brembos all around would be cool and in my opinion there isn't anything sicker then a pair of red brembo sticking out thought the wheel spokes. I'll post some build picture when I start my project if this works out I'd like to make 5 to 10 pairs and send them out to some members to see if there worth it. Thanks guys

You are right that if you have bald tires, you will skid no matter what brakes you have. When i switched from the stock calipers to the yfz calipers I noticed better stopping distance and much better feel. Like zilla said, you have to use less pressure at the lever to slow down.Thats the biggest advantage to the twin piston design. The pads themselves are much bigger meaning you have a larger contact surface on the rotor. Also the twin calipers will give you a more even pressure on the pads.

I will say this also, going to braided brake lines made a huge difference in feel also. Once again, much better control and feed back.

I race harescrambles and motocross so Im use to running into corners pretty hot and coming off of jumps into corners were you want as much control as you can get.

I think you guy are way to serious about this lol I race and I ride the same quad I don't do MX for money but for thrills. I do like all the really good advice about making my shee race efficient though, I do realize the details too, im running DWT black label wheels so I do realize I'm not going to see the caliper well just a glint at best I just want to do this as a custom project. I'll keep you guy posted with picture I think this is going to work out good. Thanks guys

Oh cool, so this is proven? Or just an opinion? Reason I ask, Is I see people talk about this a lot and I feel just getting new pads, rotors and not having bald tires will be the same.

Proven, on the ice none the less...... The 450 calipers idealy should be a little farther down on the rotor but the pad contact area is still greater then stock banshee stuff. They allow a more progressive feel as well. compare that to the banshee calipers that are either useless or fully locked up. The big item most forget is the master cylinder off the 450. It gives you even more control and faster stopping with out the locked up front tires.

Carry on...

• Like 1