Is the 4mm serval really worth it?

sell the 4 mil crank and dish out some cash for the 10. it will be worth it

My bike isnt stretched nor do i plan to extend the swing arm. i think the addition of 10 the mil crank set up may be the difference between too much for my bike.

I have no clue what it takes to set up a 10mil serval. A quick look on Redline site says billet cranks run about $1000($1300 for big pins). I remember reading there have been some issues with 8 and larger stroker cranks coming apart. I wont believe redline sells junk cranks so im not sure where those got cranks from. Probably ching chong cranks in china or something. Then there's another $100 for case trenching. I think 10mil is the limit on stock cases. The matoon cases isnt an option for what i do. I already have a dune able override and slingshot so that isnt an issue. I need new carbs so i have to buy a new set regardless.

Whatever i decide on,  will be calling redline once funds allow it and i will ask them what i need, then order everything they say. That way the motor is set up perfect. Then it will be up to me to set up my chassis the way i want.

The biggest problem with me is, i have never ridden other banshees much. I just know where i want the power at and i know i cant have much fun with drag porting. The transition from stock stroke on pump to race gas with a 4mil was amazing though.

Sorry for running off topic, just thinking out loud. Feel free to give advice.

Edited by RagunCajun

My bike isnt stretched nor do i plan to extend the swing arm. i think the addition of 10 the mil crank set up may be the difference between too much for my bike.

I have no clue what it takes to set up a 10mil serval. A quick look on Redline site says billet cranks run about $1000($1300 for big pins). I remember reading there have been some issues with 8 and larger stroker cranks coming apart. I wont believe redline sells junk cranks so im not sure where those got cranks from. Probably ching chong cranks in china or something. Then there's another $100 for case trenching. I think 10mil is the limit on stock cases. The matoon cases isnt an option for what i do. I already have a dune able override and slingshot so that isnt an issue. I need new carbs so i have to buy a new set regardless.

Whatever i decide on, will be calling redline once funds allow it and i will ask them what i need, then order everything they say. That way the motor is set up perfect. Then it will be up to me to set up my chassis the way i want.

The biggest problem with me is, i have never ridden other banshees much. I just know where i want the power at and i know i cant have much fun with drag porting. The transition from stock stroke on pump to race gas with a 4mil was amazing though.

I'm almost postive there is someone on the forum with a 10 serval with a stock length swingarm. If you have already ripped a 4 mil on race gas then why wouldn't you go 10? The added stroke will add that much more torque. IMO dish out the cash trench the cases get the good crank. I feel like your gonna want more power before you know it. Not that the 4 serval isn't a good bike it's actually great but I wouldn't build another 4 mil after going 10. Whatever you do cam will hook you up and you'll love the bike

Whatever i decide on, will be calling redline once funds allow it and i will ask them what i need, then order everything they say. That way the motor is set up perfect. Then it will be up to me to set up my chassis the way i want.

Redlines website hasn't been updated since Christ was a baby. You're far better off calling and talking to him then trying to judge you budget off his site.

That's exactly what an old car builder told me years ago.

And dyno numbers dont win races either.

I will call up redline and get some quotes. I will probably wait to get everything at once so i dont have a pile of parts taking up space.

I agree loco. If i had the funds, id of ordered everything long time ago. I've got other toys that need fixen first.

Edited by RagunCajun