Best shocks/a arm combo for the best ride quality?

Spanks906

I prefer coil springs on everything. I'm not a fan of air springs whatsoever, in any application, other than standard fox floats on a drag bike.

Another dumb question. Standard length is 13.75 ctc while long travel is 15.75ctc (lonestar). Will it hurt the shocks to eun the longer ones on the shorter stock arms or ahould I just send them back to custom axis to have them lengthened???

I am guessing the latter.

• Like 1

I love my Elka stage 5's and my lsr sport style arms. Even getting the 3's all the way around would be great. Atv galaxy has a good deal going on with the 3's right now

I do like the stage 5s but the custom axis are getting rave reviews. I want high/low speed compression adjustment and rebound adjustment minimum. The elka stage 3s don't offer rebound.

If you go with the axis let me know how they are. I love my 5's. don't have to adjust anything. Built to my weight and riding style. Bolt on and ride. If you ride dunes then maybe long travel would be the way to go. Around here on the east coast there is always rocks which is why I went with the sport style arms. JDS customs makes skid plates for them. It's nice to ride and not worry about denting my chrome a arms

If you go with the axis let me know how they are. I love my 5's. don't have to adjust anything. Built to my weight and riding style. Bolt on and ride. If you ride dunes then maybe long travel would be the way to go. Around here on the east coast there is always rocks which is why I went with the sport style arms. JDS customs makes skid plates for them. It's nice to ride and not worry about denting my chrome a arms

I mainly ride trails and I don't do nothing crazy. I don't jump anything huge. I am doing this for the best ride possible.

I like the 100% hand made part of axis.

Anything about exit?

Thanks, Brad.

I mainly ride trails and I don't do nothing crazy. I don't jump anything huge. I am doing this for the best ride possible.

I like the 100% hand made part of axis.

Anything about exit?

Thanks, Brad.

Then you don't really need all that. 99% of us weekend warrior riders don't even know how to set up suspension. I sure as fuck don't. So I don't need 3938 different adjustments. Half of which I don't know what they do.

In all reality, if you threw on some works and a arms you will be AMAZED at how much better the ride quality is.

• Like 1

didn't pep go under?

No, they are owned by the Baldwins. You're probably thinking of TCS, which was bought by Race-Tech for $34 dollars and a soiled diaper.

Sheerider11 hit the nail on the head. For the most part all of the adjustments are a marketing ploy. Properly set up shocks shouldn't need 1500 knobs and adjustments. If you're constantly fucking with shit, your shit's not set up right.

No, they are owned by the Baldwins. You're probably thinking of TCS, which was bought by Race-Tech for $34 dollars and a soiled diaper.

Sheerider11 hit the nail on the head. For the most part all of the adjustments are a marketing ploy. Properly set up shocks shouldn't need 1500 knobs and adjustments. If you're constantly fucking with shit, your shit's not set up right.

Thanks. Ill look at some cheaper axis and stage 3 elkas then. I like the all black of the axis since it works with my bike.

I think your mistaken Wayne still owns PEP, he just did my shocks 2 months ago.