Best shocks/a arm combo for the best ride quality?

Spanks906

I don't know. I'm seeing a lot of evols being ridden now. And axis has always had there name on top bikes.

I'm not sure where all this "national" shit is coming from. These third rate machines are not winning anything "nationally"... I don't get it. I'm not seeing banshees running in SCORE ATV classes in Baja, which, as far as I am concerned, is the ONLY racing series which draws riders from all over the world.

I don't know. I'm seeing a lot of evols being ridden now. And axis has always had there name on top bikes.

That's what I have noticed also. Right now I can't deside between stage 5 elka, custom axis, and fox evolx

Just my two, uneducated cents... If an air spring leaks, what is holding your bike up? If a coil spring shock blows out, you've got a spring holding your bike up.

This statement right here.

This is the only thing that worrys me about my fox shocks. If I blow it up I'm done. Might as well be riding struts.

But I could have shown you my works that were probably none dry on the inside that I was still abusing. A little unpredictable but I could ride them. If my floats go I am done till I get a new shock

I'm not sure where all this "national" shit is coming from. These third rate machines are not winning anything "nationally"... I don't get it. I'm not seeing banshees running in SCORE ATV classes in Baja, which, as far as I am concerned, is the ONLY racing series which draws riders from all over the world.

if I catch something on tv or when I'm at the track. I don't know any national shit. I can only name one professional Atv rider off the top of my head. And I either see evols or axis. Occasional Elkas to.

Just my two, uneducated cents... If an air spring leaks, what is holding your bike up? If a coil spring shock blows out, you've got a spring holding your bike up.

Very true. I do value your input since I'm a shock noob.

I have set my budget at $5000 but not all at once. I'm picking fronts up this season, then arms and rear next. I will send my shocks to axis to get them lengthened and revalved/spring for the long travel front end.

I've chosen LSR dor the LT front.

Axis seems to get rave reviews everywhere so that's whose getting my cash. Although I've really really thought about evols since I love them on my 2012 high country from cat. I like to ride hard but I take damn good care of my stuff.

Thanks for all the help everyone, Brad.

if I catch something on tv or when I'm at the track. I don't know any national shit. I can only name one professional Atv rider off the top of my head. And I either see evols or axis. Occasional Elkas to.

Thata the extent of my knowledge also on what to run haha.

Buy it all at once...no reason to piece it together and rebuild a $2000 set of AXIS shocks. I'd do a LOBO II roll design setup with axis shocks.

Still haven't decided if I want long travel. I'm not a jumper BUT it is nice if I turn into one. With the best shocks I think I would since I know the landing would be buttery smooth.

And LOBO? new to these terms so bear with me haha. I'm guessing a brand.

If I piece it together I'd buy fronts now and the rest a year or two down the road so it should be time for a rebuild anyway???

My buddy got the kit, at the time it was the top of the line AXIS shocks. Nice as fuck, he's on 5 years without touching them.

Remote ressi or piggy? I don't care which as long as I can get the plush ride kit since it will start as a trail cruiser and as my confidence grows ill get gutsy.

Hard part is going to be convincing my insurance company that a 1997 banshee is worth $10k. I've got $4k in it now with the fresh rebuild and stuff now (insured at $4k atm)

http://www.duncanracing

Also the off season gets boring witbout something to wrench on.

Rebuild year or two? No... Unless you're a racer I see no need to rebuild for years. I have shocks 15 years that are fine still. If your stuff is wearing down in two years, something isn't right.

I like to get them rebuilt and checked out often. Im just that guy that if it can break it will.

Also off season gets boring without something to wrench on other than Arctic Cat's screw ups!!!

Edited by Spanks906

Oh damn, I would have given them SOME credit if the baldwins owned them... Nevermind, they're just a distributor...

That being said, DEFINITELY axis.

Sounds like you have a problem with Wayne lol,

Custom axis sold out and is owned by Penske, I'm pretty sure YOU are not going to be able to talk directly to the person building your shocks.

Remote ressi or piggy? I don't care which as long as I can get the plush ride kit since it will start as a trail cruiser and as my confidence grows ill get gutsy.

Hard part is going to be convincing my insurance company that a 1997 banshee is worth $10k. I've got $4k in it now with the fresh rebuild and stuff now (insured at $4k atm)

I'd go with piggyback. No sense in having to try to find a place to mount reservoirs.

Sounds like you have a problem with Wayne lol,

Custom axis sold out and is owned by Penske, I'm pretty sure YOU are not going to be able to talk directly to the person building your shocks.

I don't know wayne from adam... but, you kinda answered my question for me...

A dude named Wayne? Or Penske? I'll go with Penske.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can talk to the dude who builds my shocks. :P

I'd go with piggyback. No sense in having to try to find a place to mount reservoirs.

I don't know wayne from adam... but, you kinda answered my question for me...

A dude named Wayne? Or Penske? I'll go with Penske.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can talk to the dude who builds my shocks. :P

What do I tel said guy building my shocks? "Hey Bob. Do a good job. Thanks, bye." I have no clue about buioding shocks. I will say this about adjustability, high/low speed compression adjustment is nice for cornering and bumps since they can be adjusted seperately. Something cheaper shocks don't have.

What you tell the guy is "I ride in this terrian, I weigh this much with my gear, and I my quad has these a-arms and they are this long."

Ahh. I thought that was done on the order form.