1/8 set up

10milmike

Wouldnt change a thing until i made a few baseline passes at the track. Ive been on starting lines that are so sticky theyll pull your shoe off. On the street local guys use traction compounds or do a few burnouts to lay some rubber down. Also concrete or

grooved concrete tracts up alil better than smooth pavement.

Well I am going to go with Brian suggestion with stock springs and 15/19 grams on every other arm. And make adjustments from there. I am new to asphalt so this is a learning curve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok bike spins so bad out of the hole. I  left the lock up same as if i was hillshooting. To much weight out of the hole. Think  I am going to run only 4 stock springs and 16oz on three fingers and 19oz on the other three.

I tried 4 stock springs and similar lockup weight and just pushed right through the clutch,,sounded like a CVT! haha  I know they rest of our setups may be different ,but i assume by your name that you are running a 10mm Cub like me.

Well I am going to go with Brian suggestion with stock springs and 15/19 grams on every other arm. And make adjustments from there. I am new to asphalt so this is a learning curve.

just 4 stock springs? interesting.

I think there's some confusion on what I said. I recommended starting with 6 stock springs & you have the weight right. Even with that I recommended he should check the base pressure!

I'm going to reemphasize what I have talked about in the Lock-out/Lock-up tuning thread. Just throwing springs in without base lining the pressure at the installed height is like a dog chasing it's tail.

Now, I did talk about a 4 spring set-up & even a 3 spring. WARNING: Less isn't always better! There are many things you need to do to make this work. It's not for the inexperienced clutch tuner!  

I tried 4 stock springs and similar lockup weight and just pushed right through the clutch,,sounded like a CVT! haha I know they rest of our setups may be different ,but i assume by your name that you are running a 10mm Cub like me.

My motor is a 10 mil cheetah. OK. Well I was talking about 4 stock and two HD springs not just 4 springs and two empty holes. Well I am going to run what I have Friday just take off some weight on the lockup but leave the springs the way they are. I will post my slips Friday night.

I'm a little confused here, maybe it's because it's early in the morning!

Let me start by saying the normal way or standard for weighing arm weights is using grams.

I used a conversion calculator to do the math. Are you sure on 27 oz. on each finger? That's a butt load of weight, you are 5 oz. away from 2lbs of weight on each arm!!!!!!  Something is amiss here.

This post got me to thinking about excessive arm weight. I know the OP meant Grams,not Ozs,but what WOULD be considered excessive?  Ive ran across a few guys running 15-20grams per arm (seems somewhat common) then some guys up into the 30+ grams per arm. At what point are you simply overloading the arms because of too light of a base pressure?

** If this needs to be moved to the "tuning " thread  ,that's cool.

• Like 1