1/8 set up

10milmike

Some guys put all that weight on the lockup because when its on the dyno its has to because of the load of the dyno. There is a guy I race with that runs 30 grams per arm, I don't have 30grams total on mine.

I had all heavy duty springs(i know... i dont know base pressure, but they were the stiffest springs ive felt)). Along with 9 grams on each arm. On a 10cub. Good? bad?

Sand is different then asphalt. As far as I understand on asphalt u want the clutch to slip a little out of the whole. " from what I have been told" on sand u want as much hook as possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oh I was under the impression that slower has and recommends similar clutch setups for both surfaces.

And mike you had a ton of weight for the sand 27g per arm.

That's what I was told by Mat and tom. To have a ton of weight. Even did the weight at mats shop. It worked fine.

Sand is different then asphalt. As far as I understand on asphalt u want the clutch to slip a little out of the whole. " from what I have been told" on sand u want as much hook as possible.

Our opinion/experience is you want clutch slip on both surfaces & hill shooting. Our set-ups are proven with low 1.30 60's on the 2 timed areas. We use basically the same set-ups for all, but run slightly more base pressure for one of the surfaces.

IMO, throwing a bunch base pressure & arm weight is old school. It really takes another tuning factor out of the process. To each there own, but it's evident by a good many trying the clutch tuning. There's plenty of quicker 60's & ETs, using what other motorsports have been doing for a long time.