New material that will change the world of Racing

Are you fucking kidding me?! Banshee riders are tightwads. Remember, they created the Wang crank market. Not a chance in hell that anything more expensive than titanium will ever see a Banshee.

......so who created the market for Billet cases, triple cylinders and more CP cylinders than I can count. Let's not forget stage 5 Elkas for a machine that is widely seen as poor handling.

Granted, Titanium hasn't dropped into a very affordable range. But we have all seen titanium frames. So....given time we'll eventually see a member post pics of some crazy machine with all the latest offerings in modern Aluminum alloy's and Titanium combined with a new 800+cc 2-stroke with EFI Direct injection and helium filed tires. Knowing fate....It'll have Raptor plastics and we'll all hate it and razz the guy till he bounces. LOL

Are you fucking kidding me?! Banshee riders are tightwads. Remember, they created the Wang crank market. Not a chance in hell that anything more expensive than titanium will ever see a Banshee.

......so who created the market for Billet cases, triple cylinders and more CP cylinders than I can count. Let's not forget stage 5 Elkas for a machine that is widely seen as poor handling.

Granted, Titanium hasn't dropped into a very affordable range. But we have all seen titanium frames. So....given time we'll eventually see a member post pics of some crazy machine with all the latest offerings in modern Aluminum alloy's and Titanium combined with a new 800+cc 2-stroke with EFI Direct injection and helium filed tires. Knowing fate....It'll have Raptor plastics and we'll all hate it and razz the guy till he bounces. LOL

.....so who created the market for Billet cases, triple cylinders and more CP cylinders than I can count. Let's not forget stage 5 Elkas for a machine that is widely seen as poor handling.

Maybe by then Zilla EFI will be out?

- HMFIC

Although there have been some new tech introduced lately, the "heyday" of Banshee performance leaps has already passed.  If you've noticed the latest breed of banshee buyers (the up and coming generation) are young or broke, or a combination of that. They buy banshees because they are a cheap to buy performance quad compared to 4 pokes. Plus they can be made fast ,,,cheaply.  The  guys willing to keep the banshee going are fighting a losing battle. I feel sorry for the guys in the performance Banshee industry because a good customer ( one willing to pay for good work and not bring up "wang" prices and Ebay) is getting rarer.  The core, die hard, Banshee enthusiast demographic is a smaller segment than the tightwad , penny pinching demographic.... so an Unobtainium frame , piston kit, cyl kit, wheels, whatever, will be HARD for a company to market and sell effectively,,IMHO.

While I do agree that a lot of people get into banshees for the cheap speed, I also feel that we still have plenty people in the business with money to spare. The banshee is for sure not getting slower but going faster and faster. The new world records prove that. Speed = Money and R&D. As far as Pandalloy being up and coming for banshees, maybe. I think for sure in the future of 4-strokes, which we may all have to convert to one day. I hope not.

I would imagine it will eventually, they are already on the path with making car pistons. Hopefully it will be affordable. Can you imagine a banshee with pistons, rods, and possibly a crank lighter than titanium.

Wouldn't a very light rotating assembly have virtually no torque?

You make some great points sprinkler man, but at the same time as the raptor get faster and lighter so will the banshee. All I'm say in is its not like 2 stroke tech has found its limit and stopped .Also seems to be a ton of interest in clutch tuning. As long as we have builders who love the banshee, they'll keep getting faster.

Wouldn't a very light rotating assembly have virtually no torque?

Same torque because torque is produced by the motor itself, but less rotating inertia. The plus side would be higher RPM power, with slightly less launching power. It does always seem that the pros go with the lighter is better concept. Almost all top fuel racers use aluminum or titanium rods.

The lightness of Pandalloy is not really the big benefit of it. The tensile strength at high temperatures is the big advantage over regular aluminum. So we would benefit from leaner air to fuel ratios and make more power because of it. I would think this would be a huge benefit to the guys that run alky.

i think the "banshee" motor has become a complete entity of its own, if you can build one with very few if any yamaha parts at all now, things like carbonfibre cases arent out of the question, its just gunna take time or a bored rich guy to kick it off haha

• Like 1

As someone who works widely in the ATV and Offroad Industry as a whole... Banshee owners generally are some of the cheapest people in the entire industry. Sorry for pissing on parades.

Carry on.

^^This.

Dozer. I understand what you are saying too,,,but Raptor owners spend faaar more in thier bikes than the average Banshee owner. ( Im speaking in averages and generalities,there are exceptions to that of course)

Its simple business really. If you aren't growing,you are dieing . However slow that process may be,its still taking place.

I'm not saying that the Banshee aftermarket is going away next year,but if there isn't another "boom" of growth so to speak, a company would have to be out of their mind to invest tons of money in such a new specialized "performance/race only" product for a slowly dieing niche market,,such as the Banshee.

Sad but true.

This new powdered wonder metal has half the tensile strenght of 7075 aluminum, and slightly higher hot working stenght.

Dont get your hopes up on this one for any aplication on a Banshee. Square peg, meet round hole.