New material that will change the world of Racing

I don't know that this alloy has been talked about here on HQ or not so sorry in advance if it has..

The name of the alloy is Pandalloy, it took over 10 years to develop even with almost unlimited resources from our U.S Airforce.

It was named after its creator Dr. Awadh Pandey from Pratt & Whitney.

The specs and properties of this new alloy is just astonishing and will greatly benefit our desire to make the Banshee even faster than it already is. Here are some of the advantages

-High strength at higher temps or higher thermal stability

-lighter than titanium

-does not need heat treating

-is not a metal matrix composite

-with its ability to run way hotter it will allow for leaner air to fuel mixtures and make more power while consuming less fuel.

This metal was used on the Ford GT to set the current world record in the standing mile at 283 MPH, which blows all the old records away. So it is proven..

I stumbled across this amazing alloy and just wanted to share it with the Banshee community, as I know we all are looking for ways to go

FASTER. :)

Check it out    WWW.PERFORMANCEPOWERMATERIALS.COM

Put me down for a 10mill Panda crank. LOL

• Like 1

Wow. That's awesome. Now there gonna have to cast the cylinders with this material too.

I wonder if the nikasil can handle the heat.

Anybody know the properties of that?

if it only holds it shit together up until 900 degrees why the fuck would you bother?

You do realize that all aluminum no matter what grade, lose their tensile strength at just over 600 degrees F. Pandalloy still has 5000 psi worth of tensile strength at 900 degrees F. Although exhaust temps can be well over a 1000 degrees that doesn't mean the piston is that hot, if it was it would grenade the first 5 minutes you rode it. So yeah 900 degrees with a tensile of 5000 psi in the aluminum world is unheard of. Until now.

I would imagine it will eventually, they are already on the path with making car pistons. Hopefully it will be affordable. Can you imagine a banshee with pistons, rods, and possibly a crank lighter than titanium.

ok i`ll take a set ;)