Looking for hybrid advice

Headed saturday to pick up a blown up 04 yfz. I have enough extra parts around to build an extra shee motor, so I planning on building a hybrid. I am just looking for any tips or advice that anyone may have before I start.

I want to take my time so that I end up with a clean build, I have seen a couple really nice ones on here. I ride alot of gravel pits and plan on doing a fair amount of jumping, I am just wondering if the heavier engine will throw off the balance of the entire wheeler and make it tail heavy.

set it as low in the chassis as you can. and as far back up to the swingarm as you can.  this takes a LOT more work but lower the center of gravity and also i felt gave it more room.  

you will need to ( in my opinion) cut and redo some of the frame tube right behind the a-arms.  that makes plenty of room to fit normal pipes in there.  a lil modifiying of the pipes and you can have them suck right up to the frame like they should. you will have to remake th estinger tubes and that can take a lil work to get them looking just right.  its not impossible  just takes a lil time.

the radiator is the thing thats the hardest to get looking really right.  you can have a custom one built OR use your noggin and look for a few differnt styles of dirtbike/ street bike rad's and go from there.   i think one of the threads someone had a custom rad built.  

take your time on the build and look at all the threads  there are a few on here that are very nice  and a few that i think look pretty trashy.  you can make your own judgment's0

Thanks for the advice. Luckily there is an atv/dirtbike/streetbike salvage yard near by so I should be able to find a radiator. I am hoping that I wont have to run a fan, but if I absolutely have to I will get a high output stator and run the stock fan and battery.

• 2 months later...

I started by cutting every tube out in the front ,don't be afraid to cut if you know how to weld and fabricate if you can't fab leave it alone it takes a lot of time and brain storming I had about 80hrs into frame mods about 20hrs into pipes starting with raw sand casting and straight stingers I bent it all myself

I started by cutting every tube out in the front ,don't be afraid to cut if you know how to weld and fabricate if you can't fab leave it alone it takes a lot of time and brain storming I had about 80hrs into frame mods about 20hrs into pipes starting with raw sand casting and straight stingers I bent it all myself

80 hours in frame and 20 hours in pipe mods?!

That's insane. That's exactly why the 450r frame is 1,000 times better for a conversion bike.

I had about 20 hours in my frame and about 5 in the pipes.